Saturday, March 4, 2017

Gymnastics Gems

Lily and Evie have been doing gymnastics now for a few months and they are loving it.  I remember taking gymnastics when I was a little girl and had really fond memories.  I refrained from diving in and getting them proper leotards until I knew that they were loving it.  The other day I broke down and let the girls  pic their official practice digs.

Lily loves all things purple and sparkly.  She picked out the most expensive one on the rack for her size at first and I had to let her down slowly that it was too many papers.  Then her eyes caught this little number and she was hooked.  


Evie on the other hand just wanted something pink and fun.  Unfortunately, she is such a peanut that there were not many outfits to choose from, but I think she did a bang up job falling in love with this sassy number.


Both of the girls are fearless when it comes to physical things and getting more so as they become more comfortable with their bodies.  I am seriously waiting for the day when I hear an intense scream and race outside to find some kind of broken bone.  They have become more ambitious on the playset and are constantly pushing the "safe" boundaries.


Plus, they like to climb on anything.  Even taking this picture, Evie just had to be up on that rock in our front yard practicing her balancing!


Lily is currently in the Diamonds class and they are beginning to really teach the fundamentals of all the basic gymnastics skills including arm, leg and feet position.  Lily loves it and was only too happy to show me one of her stances.


Meanwhile this kid is popping a 'tude and playing miss Sassy pants with the other littles in the Silly Snakes division.  Their coach just trying to get them to kind of listen while jumping on stuff.  I swear some days I watch the coaches and giggle, its really like herding cats.


My girls love, love, LOVE their gymnastics day and I hope it continues to be a confidence and physical building exercise.  Plus, its just too cute to see them in their little outfits.



No comments:

Post a Comment