Sunday, December 4, 2016

Evie, The Giant

This little child right here is the epitome of a tiny giant.  This little girl literally fills up a room when she walks in.  If you didn't know Evie was around.......trust me, she will tell you.  She is the biggest and boldest creature who ever did weigh 36 pounds and I have been once again humbled at how challenging parenting a giant is.


Over the past 2 weeks I have been in either the principals office or have had private meetings with Evie's teacher nearly every day.  I joked the other day that I have been in more trouble in the past 14 days than I EVER was in my 16 years of school.  Well, not me, but my 3.5 year old giant of a child.  One day a little boy took her seat so she sat on his head.  The next day her best friend took her toy so she grabbed her hair and punched her.  The next day she saw an old lady pass by the playground and yelled at the top of her lungs, "RUN!  That old lady is going to kill us!"  

Awesome

The day after the old lady incident she was being so naughty with her best friend that the teacher had to put them on opposite sides of the room for the entire day.

This week she didn't like that a boy growled at her so she threw sand in his eyes.  Today a different boy growled at her so she threw more sand at his head.  

It's naughty as a 3-year-old and yet the reality is that this kid doesn't take crap from anyone.  She is a giant....and a fierce one at that.  One simple truth.......Don't mess with Evie Frances.


Evie is such a special little girl and as fearless as she is, she spends all of her days in an endless quest to make me stop to play with her.  "Mommy, will you play with me?"  I hear this all day long.  She is relentless and desires my presence in her life so much.  It's humbling and I find myself wishing I had more time and more of me to spend with her.  I also wish that I was better at just playing.   Oh Evie, how I wish that I could be a better player.  



Her giant status extends well into her smarts too.  Evie is about 3.5 going on 10 in her language skills.  Her teacher told me the other day that sometimes she feels as though she is conversing with an adult.  Trust me....I know.  

This beauty is a giant in every sense of the world and she is growing up with the boldness to match.  I tell her over and over again that she is a world changer and I have no doubt that the world may simply not be quite ready for the giant that is coming for it.  

Evie, I love you. So, So, SO much.  I love that you are mine.  I love that you are bold and willing to stand so firmly on your own.  Remember that you are a warrior.  Learn to fight for all of the right things.  Go boldly, seek Jesus and be a giant.  You are destined for greatness little girl and you are destined to be a role model for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment