Friday, July 22, 2016

Snip it....Snip it Good.

So I know that I wrote about their hair "cuts" in my blog a bit a go, but I just have to give this little experience some personal attention.  After all, one day I sure hope these girls read this blog and get to relive first hand some of their best moments (and laugh about it!).

I suppose every girl has to do it......or at least most have to do it at least one time, but you are never really prepared for it when it happens.  



I came home from a 3.5 hour bike ride a couple of weeks ago to have my husband say, "So....something happened while you were gone." When he told me I really thought it was quite funny.  I never was angry about it just annoyed. I have been asking to trim the girls hair for months. They have both been adamant, "NO Mommy, I want hair like Rapunzel."  As in....tears if I push the issue.

Seriously?  





I told the cutting culprit that I would pay to have her and her sister's hair fixed one time. Thinking I had the upper hand I threatened that if they chose to cut their hair again I would shave their head.  So cute.  My fiesty 6 year old boldly replied, "That's okay Mommy....you shave your head!"  Touche child.  Check and mate.




Evie was kind of along for the ride from start to finish.  She did none of the cutting, but had to go through the most dramatic change.  So many inches had to be cut off and its still a little uneven because I refused to have the little girl with the bowl cut.  





Evie popped off the chair a year older and Lily had this amazing grown up layered look.  I guess that's one way to get older quicker........lets not do it again K girls?


1 comment: