Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June....in a Nutshell

I hereby promise that when both of my girls are in school (August 10th), I will be a more faithful consistent blogger.

Um, WOW......so Summer is unbelievably busy.  Goodness.  I'm behind, so this is my catch up post.  We have not stopped moving since the start of this school free time.  I think about blogging EVERY DAY.  No kidding, but I just simply do not have time.  I don't feel bad about it either.  Im soaking up my girls before the day I drop them both at school and the reality that my life is changing big time sets in.

June was a fabulously crazy and wild summer month. We spent the first 2 weeks of the month shuttling Evie to some intensive swim lessons cousin Charity and our new soon to be cousin Christin (she is marrying my cousin Nathan).  It was fun to reconnect with Evie's swim friend from last year, Kent and watch her get some confidence in the water.  



 It was hot out here which equalled POOL TIME.  Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Bob came out to visit us right in the middle of the month and we partied like it was 1999!  Evie was celebrated for 4 days straight including a party trip up to Phoenix and the amazing Hilton complete with outdoor water park.  We had a blast......even if I did get stung by a bee.



Princess Evie was showered with birthday love including a fancy birthday dress.  She refused to take it off for the entire time and simply can't wait for any opportunity to wear her "fancy dress."


Bob and his Dad did what they do best......golf.  I am so glad that they could have the time together.  Its such a blessing to have them out with us.  They bring a lot of joy.

We recovered from our party weekend only to do laundry....fit in some training.....pack up our Prius and head out to California for a visit with Aunt Sue!  We had a blast road tripping together and made sure that we made it a memory for the girls.



The first morning Bob and I headed out on our 10 mile run around the back bay while the girls snuggled in Aunt Sue's chair while watching some "Jake and the Pirates!"  They were amazed that Aunt Sue had the shows they like.  Funny how that internet thing works.





This would be the first time for Evie and the ocean.  We couldn't wait to get there....but it was so chilly.  We started the afternoon at one of the nearby beaches and the rip current was really strong.  Bob and I knew right away that it wasn't a safe place for the girls to be by themselves so we all as a family started running from the aves.  Bob and I each had 1 charge and we were extra careful not to loose one of them to the waves.  Lily finally settled in to building a sand pool and attempting to keep herself hidden from the approaching waves.  She was there for hours while Evie sat digging in the sand.











The next day we were out at Corona Del Mar Beach for the morning.  Lily and Evie both had little pink and orange inner tubes and LOVED learning to ride the waves.  Let me tell you, I have some BRAVE little girls.





Bring it Pacific Ocean....Lily's got her floatie!



My cutie, sun kissed, blonde haired ladies LOVED every minute and were only disturbed by the amount of sand they carried in the bottom of their swim suits (oh the waddle.....I can still see it)


After a morning at the beach we headed out to Long Beach CA to check out the amazing Aquarium of the Pacific.  We were able to nail ourselves some discount tickets and  we had such a fun time seeing all the swimming creatures they had.  






I think our favorite thing came right at the end of our visit before the aquarium closed.  The large main exhibit tank is cleaned by divers every day and they do an entire show  while talking to the audience.  The girls were mesmerized and couldn't wait to High 5 the funny looking fish.




Our last day found us at the beach again.  Lily just couldn't wait to ride the waves and little Miss Evie was more content to build sand castles.  We walked the beach looking for shells and I managed to get a little solo walk over to the marina where the boats pull in.  It was a memory making morning and my girls had a hard time leaving.







For our last day we also got to visit a sea lion rescue.  It was small and a little "boring" for the girls, but one of the volunteers let us go in the roped off area to get a better look at all the sea lions.  After the aquarium the girls were unimpressed, but it made for a fun afternoon outing.  


We packed up the next morning and drove back home.  The time we spent was wonderful and Bob and I had a blast vacationing with our brood.  We are looking forward to the next time when we can maybe sneak a trip in to see Mickey and get a real Boogie board for wave riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment