Sunday, June 19, 2016

My Unsung Hero

12 years ago I met you
 And I fell in love so fast.
It didn't take too long for me
To know our love would last.

I fell in love with all your charm
Adventure, strength and boldness.
Your heart for Christ, Your love for others
Your self defining witness.

I had no real understanding
 Of all that you would show me.
I didn't know that marrying you
Would uncover wings inside me.

There really is no greater gift 
Than a spouse who lifts you high.
Who gives you voice and strength beyond.
Who lives to see you fly.


The woman that I am today,
I credit most to you.
I never would have found her
Unless you insisted that I do.

You are my unsung hero
In this season chasing glory.
I'm humbled by the way you've taken
A backseat to my story.

It hasn't gone unnoticed, 
Not by me and not by others.
How selflessly you give your time
Its one of your greatest wonders.


IRONMAN takes everything
And you've graciously let me go.
You have taken on the homefront
Kept the team going to and fro.

You are my unsung hero
And I really should tell you more
How thankful I am to have a friend
Who lives to see me soar.

You're always patient, never angry,
And gracious through and through.
You amaze me.....completely
You are my dream come true.


Thank you Bob for choosing to
Lay down your life for me.
Thanks for being Mom and Dad 
For our two Mini Me's.

You are my unsung hero
The IRON in my IRONMAN
I am grateful you have chosen me
To walk with hand in hand.


To the best Father and Husband......Happy Fathers Day and Happy Anniversary my Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment