Monday, August 3, 2015

The Days are Long.....

....but the years are short.

I repeat this mantra over and over again somedays.  There are so many days that are just long.  So very long.  Ones where 10AM rolls around and I am ready to send everyone (including myself) back to bed. Seriously guys, we just woke up!

Our home is filled with screaming, hitting, biting, screaming, "No!!"s, more screaming, fighting, pulling and all things sibling.  It is also filled with love, snuggles, kisses, hugs, "I'm sorry's", "I Love You's," and "lets play togethers." My girls.....they are intense.  
 

....just like me.  Evie is completely 2.  She has a will of iron and an independent spirit that desperately wants to fly.........in all the wrong directions.  Evie has picked up the word "stupid."  Every day I am called "Stupid Mommy!" and many times its on repeat.  Yes she has been spanked, but Evie has an iron will.  My reaction including the spankings fuel her.  She is strong.  Knowing she has taken away my power fuels her.  When I get angry I loose the battle.  I know it, she knows it.  The days when I let her little potty mouth get to me are the days where I truly am "Stupid Mommy."  I know better.  So Lily and I are learning to ignore her.  Little booger.



The girls have become true compadres in trouble these days.  Silence is not golden in my house.  It's without doubt proof of mess and or chaos.  These pictures?  Exhibit A.  They wanted to paint.  They had paper.  I left them alone for 3 minutes.........



My Lily Lu.  She is growing up so much these days.  I see this young woman beginning to emerge while I see the little girl enjoying her innocence.  I love it.  I nurture it.  That is why, upon discovering my paint covered children I grabbed my camera instead of my anger.  The days are long........but these years are short.  Lily is going to be going to school in less than 2 weeks.  Full time.......she's growing up.



Today has been one of those long days.  One of those days where I have been yelled at, called Stupid, hit, yelled at again and am ready for it to be over.  It's hard to see the forest through the trees on days like this and you are kind of left wondering whether you truly can fail as a parent.




I probably can....but I won't.  I love these little mini me's too much.  They are strong, mighty women.  Just like I prayed for.  So I will embrace my long days with joy knowing they are supposed to be long because the years are far too short.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth, these day ARE long. Today was a rough day in Texas too.... praying for you as you parent your strong girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, these day ARE long. Today was a rough day in Texas too.... praying for you as you parent your strong girls!

    ReplyDelete