Saturday, August 8, 2015

#EvieHasNoFear

This child.......she is seriously fearless.  She gets herself into trouble all of the time and simply doesn't let anything stop her.  She is amazing and I LOVE her fearlessness.


Well I both love and fear it.  Helping her understand her limits and being sure I give her all the tools I can to help her make good decisions has been priority #1 lately.  This is why, when I had the opportunity to put her in an intense 2 week swim safety course, I literally threw her in as fast as I could.  This kiddo.  She has got to learn how to swim.

Aunt Charity (my cousin) teaches these swim classes with another teacher and they are FANTASTIC.  Charity warned me though that kids normally scream and cry the first day.  Why?  Well they remove Mom from the equation and literally shove them underwater introducing them to the outlandish possibility that water might just not be safe.  They put a little fear in.  Thank heavens.  Evie could use a little fear.  This picture below says it all.  Mr. K and Evie were the youngest in the class and spent the entire first day screaming their little heads off at the bars between dunkings.  I was only partially sad.  Baby's gotta learn how to swim!


By day 3 Evie was all smiles.  She quickly took to the water and learned to kick big, hold a bubble in her mouth, get the side and choo choo on home.  She also learned how to dive down and get rings and treasures.  She picked the diving thing up so much that she dives in near 7 feet of water to retrieve stuff.  "Evie go unda wata!"


Lily and I got to sit on the sidelines for two weeks watching Evie and waiting excitedly every day for "Showtime!" where Evie would show us what she learned.  Such a proud time.



After the two weeks of swimming our little Bee graduated her class by being thrown in fully clothed. She rescued herself by getting to the side and choo chooing to the stairs.  Such a big girl.  She is a fish, just like big sissy.


My Evie has no fear, but that is what makes her strong and determined.  Now she has a little more skill and a little more respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment