Monday, August 10, 2015

Journey to IRONMAN: I Registered.....

......to Volunteer.  I know, not the announcement you were looking for, but an important one none the less.  My IRONMAN....its a journey. I will reach my destination.......but not without several steps along the way.

Volunteering in this year's race is a BIG step.  Why you ask?  Because it gives me top registration opportunity for next year, my year.....the year I accomplish the IRONMAN.  It also gives me first hand opportunity to feel it.....without doing it.  Ever want to be motivated to complete a race?  Go attend one.  The spirit, the glory, the joy, the drive, you can't help but be inspired to cross that finish line yourself.



I am volunteering in 2 different ways during the November 14th and 15th weekend this year.  I will be in the information tent one day for about 4 hours and at the Run Aid station 1 on the day of the race.  I chose these two spots specifically for 2 reasons.  1.  I want the information :)  I surmised that if I had to give information I better know it!  Good stuff for next year. and 2. I want to see the athletes first run aid stop after transitioning.  I want to see their faces, see their pain, see how they handle the beginning of the final leg of their course.  I am also volunteering early in the day so I will get to watch all of the elite pros run.  How cool is that?


I am really excited to volunteer because it will mark the weekend that I register for my own race.  I am coming for you IRONMAN.  


Achieving IRONMAN takes planning, purpose and intentionality.  I am using this time before I begin heavy training to read and learn all I can about nutrition and what it is going to take for me to get across that finish line. I am cycling a lot and trying to up my distance and toughen up my tushy.  I am running, not with intensity, but with purpose. Each day brings me closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment