Thursday, August 20, 2015

I Didn't Cry

I just can't resist a big smile on my face as I write this blog.  My Lily Grace started Pre-K today.  She has gone to school before but this time its different.  She is full time, Monday through Friday, 9 to 1:30.  The schooling sky is the limit and today she took off......  


and she did it exactly how I am raising her.  Strong, brave, confident and assured.  She was the first kid in her class today, walked right in without even a backwards glance at me.  No....I didn't cry.


I quite literally skipped with joy.  So VERY proud of my little girl.  Bold, brave, sassy Lily.  Man my smile is so big.  I am not a parent who cries about my children growing up.  No, I don't wish their life away, but the world is so big, opportunities so great, places so worth seeing and people so worth meeting.  My job is to ready them for those amazing things.  I rejoice about it!  Life is so worth living!



As Lily bravely walked into her class today, it was poor little Evie Bee who shed the tears.  At first I thought it was about missing Lily, but then realized Evie wanted to go to school too.  She would have walked right into the class, sat down next to Lily and started attempting her letters.  Oh it was hard to say goodbye to big sissy.  It's not your time yet Bee....

It's Lily's.  

This kid is so full of life.  She is so intense and sees the world as only Lily can see it.  She is a fighter and a lover with a just enough gumption and guts.  She never holds back and goes big on everything.




My sweet and spunky girl,  I cannot tell you how happy I am at watching you embrace this new chapter in your life.  You are so brave and beautiful.  Go, BE, DO.  I am your biggest fan. I will always be here cheering you on!  

A million squishy hugs
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment