Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Mother, My Day

I know, I know we are nearing almost two weeks post Mother's Day.  I had every intention of writing a blog on Mother's Day and then the Day after......and well, you get it.  Life happened.  It's busy around here. 


I love my girls.  This picture below is one of those poignant moments that just make you smile.  I am such a blessed woman to have these two little ones who call me Mommy.


Lily's class had a special Mother's Day tea this month and it was seriously the best 20 minutes ever.  Lily made a special card for me and then answered a whole bunch of questions about me.  In case you wondered, I weigh 51 pounds and am 62 feet tall.  My favorite vegetable is brocoli and my favorite things to do are clean and make Mac n Cheese.  I love this girl.



I was so super proud of her because her class sang us all a song and she was one of the only ones who actually new the motions and sang the entire song.  She even did a little bow at the end.  I wanted to jump up and shout, "That's my girl!" but settled for a big snuggle from my favorite little preschooler.


While Memaw was here we spent a lot of time at the park.  Lily and Evie both have little tricycles and Lily is starting to feel comfortable enough to ride her bike to the playground.  She got tired at one point so I took over.


Bob even tried too.  Let me just say....that is a surefire way to injure something.  



We had such a fun time and Evie just loved swinging with Memaw.  Evie just loves her Memaw.  They sat on that swing for like 10 minutes singing and loving on each other.


Lily and I on the other hand tackled a rousing game of Twister.  The week was filled with games and fun, movies and snuggles with Memaw and Mommy.  Memaw and I even took Lily back to see Cinderella in the Movie Theatre.  This little girl is so like me....she loves her some movies!


I love my Mommy role.  Its not always glory, but nothing ever is.  It is the most important thing I will ever do with my life and I am so honored that two little blond haired blue eyed girlies call me Mom.  


No comments:

Post a Comment