Monday, May 11, 2015

My Evie Bee is Twenty Three!

It's here.  The reality that my wee little Bee is a mere month away from being a 2 year old.  I stopped yesterday after celebrating Mother's Day and nearly panicked.  It's going to be the 11th of May!  Where, oh Where does the time go.  This past month has been busy with settling in and trying to find our place out here in the desert and I am sitting here just wondering, where in the world do the days go?



Evie has entered full fledged toddlerhood in all of its boundary testing glory.  The poor dear is in a constant battle with herself and her mother attempting to establish really and truly where the line is.  She, much like her sister, is so very strong, confident, determined and goal oriented.  I love my strong girls, but it makes this time of testing rules exhausting and sometimes frustrating.  Evie has drawn on several walls this past month as well as herself and she is still wildly assertive in her "no" usage.  She is still the most polite little 2 year old with her "No Kank Yous" and "Peas."


The Bee is our early riser and I usually just barely make it out of the door for may early morning training sessions before she is up and wanting to party.  She likes the early morning hours and I cannot tell you how precious it is to come in from my bike ride, run or swim to a happy Evie squealing, "Mommy! Ride Bike?"  or "Mommy! Running?"  of "Mommy! Simming??"  In all my smelly I just can't help but snuggle her tight.  Even if she sometimes turns away from me with a "Pee-u! Mommy."


This month we got muddy!  I went to the store and bought the girls water balloons one afternoon.  After an hour of filling up water balloons and throwing them we had a good amount of mud in our yard.  What started as a "Mommy can we put our feet in it?" quickly escalated to a full fledged mud bath.  It was everywhere.  There was a clear moment in time where I told myself to either keep control of the situation.....or take pictures of the chaos.  I opted for the latter and am so glad I did.   The picture of Evie above is priceless and the girls had so much fun.



Grandma Jill is always loves to tell the story of how she used to hose off Bob in the backyard when he was a kid and I couldn't miss a moment to capture the clean up process.  We did in fact hose our kids off in the backyard after the mud wars.  We sacrificed a onsie in the process, but man we made some memories.  Evie was absolutely covered from head to toe.


Evie loves to play in the water and is so busy.  We discovered a local splash pad and paid it a couple of visits this past month.  Evie loves to splash, play and follow her busy sister around attempting to mimick her every move.


Speaking of mimicking, I had such a sweet giggle today when I captured her working on her bike.  Memaw bought her the cutest, most perfect size tricycle for her birthday and Evie has had so much fun attempting to ride it.  We adjusted her little seat today and the Bee was only too excited to grab that little tool and "Fic bike!"  


Evie can hold her own quite well in this household.  She has discovered how fun it is to take things of Lily's and how frustrating it is when Lily takes things of hers.  There is screaming.... A LOT of screaming in our house these days.  The screams are interlaced with rounds of biting, hitting and pulling hair.  There are bruises and battles daily and when I am not overwhelmed in my refereeing job I smile.  My girls will be the best of friends.  They love each other and I see it daily.  They are little and fierce.  


Sweet Bee, one more month and you will be 2.  I am in awe of you.  You are still such a precious little one and there are days where I just wish I could snuggle you all day (or that you would even let me).  This month has brought out a new challenging side of you and has made me realize that you are not my little baby anymore, but a little girl who's gonna start stretching her wings.  You are so big.  You are kind, smart, beautiful, loving and joyful.


I love everything about you little one and am so proud of you. 

Love, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment