Thursday, April 9, 2015

Welcome Home

This post is a major milestone for me.  This marks my 500th post for the Longmire News Blog.  I know!  WOW.  When I noticed that our move was going to coincide fairy well with the arrival of this milestone I had a moment where I smiled.  I have written about a lot of life here in this cyber book.  I do think it highly ironic that I started this blog when we lived here in Arizona.  It has come with me to North Carolina and to Colorado.  It has weathered 2 pregnancies and having 2 babies.  It has been through several wedding anniversaries and is now going to start documenting this new chapter in our life.  The one we start right back here in Arizona.  Sometimes its funny how things work out.

The past 3 weeks have truly been a whirlwind for us.  Every time you move there is so much to do that doesn't necessarily have to do with emptying boxes.  It is amazing all of the things you have to change, the new places you have to find and the local discoveries you have to make.  I can say with certainty that I have found several running routes ranging from 3 to 10 miles so far, 20-60 mile bike routes, 3 grocery stores already, 4 Starbucks, my favorite gym, a Target, a Walmart and a Kohls.  Come on, what more does a girl need?  Oh yeah, a pool.  Would you believe it, Arizona has very few indoor pools, and many of the outdoor ones are only open for certain months.  Not very convenient if you are a Triathlete with a long race to do in 9 WEEKS!


I will do another Journey to IRONMAN installment soon, but for now I would like to welcome you all to our home!  Bob and I bought a neat little 4 bedroom home in Northeast Mesa.  Our home buying process was well.......a process, and I am so thankful that the Lord lead us to this place.  It is perfect for us and has just the right amount of TLC that needs to be done.  We both were very serious about not wanting to be house poor and our home is absolutely perfect.  Thank you Jesus for this blessing.


After renting for 5 years it has been wonderful to own something again.  Of course we have had to deal with a few issues ie a swarm of bees that decided to move in, but having the responsibility of ownership is actually a delightful thing.  Don't worry, the bees were fumigated and successfully removed, but I can say now with confidence that I can imagine what the Israelites saw and felt when the swarms of locust came in.  I have never seen so many bees.  Wowza!

The girls are sharing a bedroom right now and loving it.  Before we left Colorado we sold all of Evie's nursery furniture.  The poor thing would go  into her room look around and say "All Gone, no bed!"  She was such a trooper and we kept encouraging her that she was going to get a new bed once we made it to Arizona.  When we got to our home Evie squealed with delight, "New bed, new bed!!"  So far they are doing really well in their bunk bed set up and I am excited to see the relationship that will blossom between them.

I must confess that this move has been the hardest one for me to date.  I'm getting too old for this moving stuff.  Its hard when everything is new again.  I miss a lot about Colorado, but trust that the Lord will bless our life here and make it rich.

Welcome Home

1 comment: