Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Heart in Colorado

My dear friend and running partner Sarah posted a simply lovely comment on Facebook tonight saying goodbye.  I have held the tears that have wanted to flow back for months leading up to the inevitable day when I would have to say goodbye to her.  Well today was that day.  I held my tears until I saw her post.  3 years of memories and the fact that I won't meet to run with her next week caught up with me and the flood gates have opened, fully and completely.


Sarah,

There are just not enough ways to tell you how much you have meant to me over the past 3 years.  I am so unbelievably blessed that the Lord saw fit to reunite us.  Our friendship was good in high school, but our friendship over the past 3 years has been deeper, more powerful, more lasting than what we had back then.  Man, if only our High School selves would have known how great our friendship was going to be.....




Thank you for being my friend, thank you for being a fellow Mom, but above all, thank you for being my running partner.  I am so amazed at how evenly we are matched.  I love that we had our babies together and that we found ourselves and our friendship on the journey back to our bodies.  You are so special to me.  You are as driven as I am and I am so grateful for you.



Thank you for being someone that can bear my burdens.  You have been someone safe for me and I cannot tell you how much of a treasure that is.  I will miss talking to you, I will miss sharing everything with you.  I will miss you.  So Much.




I am so proud of you friend.  You have accomplished so much.  It has given me so much joy and satisfaction watching you succeed.  I always told you a marathon was in your reach.  I ALWAYS knew you could do it....even when you were unsure.


Thanks for being a friend who wanted it.  The best part was the training journey.  I will always remember our 20 milers around Chatfield.  I will always remember the Dam run, and the Nature Center will always make me think of you.  I will miss those places.  I will miss you.  Please run those places.....and think of me :)

You have always been a strong woman Sarah, but it has been so fun to watch you excel in your career too.  It has been a true privilege to watch you become such a leader in your field.  You are good at what you do friend.  Everyone knows it....especially me.  Thanks for including me in your journey.  I am so proud of you.


This goodbye sucks friend.  I can hardly see my silly screen right now because my tears are still coming.   No matter where I go, a part of me will always be with you on the trail.  A big part of my heart will always reside in Colorado.  I love you dearly.




Until we run again....and we will.

Beth

4 comments:

  1. Bethany, this is going to sound very random. But have you ever lived on S Columbine in Centinnal Co?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meocha! I sure did! Do you recognize me? What is your story?

      Delete
  2. sorry this took so long. No i had a package around Christmas (i think) that came to the house i rent. I thought it might be for kids so i wanted to see if i could give it to the owner the same day instead of having it be late. I ended up sending it back through fed ex. I hope you guys got it. Lol sorry. I know this was very random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry this took so long. No i had a package around Christmas (i think) that came to the house i rent. I thought it might be for kids so i wanted to see if i could give it to the owner the same day instead of having it be late. I ended up sending it back through fed ex. I hope you guys got it. Lol sorry. I know this was very random.

    ReplyDelete