Monday, March 9, 2015

Big Things to Come

So March is shaping up to be an incredibly busy and full of change month.  There is so much to do and just so little time to do it all.  Back in September when we made the decision to move, the Spring seemed so far away.  I had so much time.  Now I have less than 24 days before I have to leave. I'm ready.....sort of.  I'm ready for new adventures and for what awaits us in Arizona, but I am not ready for the reality of saying goodbye to so many people.  I went to may last MOPS leadership meeting the other day.  I sat in a room full of 15 women whom I have grown to love and admire and realized, I won't be here anymore.  I met my best friend at our "normal" spot to run, ran our "dam" run and talked like we normally do.  We will always run together and I know we will see each other, but it won't be the normal anymore.  So much change.


I've discovered amidst all of the details surrounding uprooting our family, that I have been sorely lax in taking pictures.  I promise, its not that I haven't wanted to, its just one more thing I am not sure how to fit into the hours of the day right now.  I miss it, and I long to be settled and once again feel that I have time to think about taking pictures of my family rather than preparing us for more change.  I am hopeful, but for now it is what it is.

There are so many big things in store.  If the move wasn't a big enough adventure for this month, we are also headed for 7 glorious days in Maui, Hawaii.  Can you believe it?  Bob, me, Matt and Tara are headed to the white sandy beaches sans kids and I am seriously so so so excited about it.  No we didn't intend to leave for 8 days and then come home and move, but life has a funny way of working out that way.

Kaanapali Beach, our home for 7 days!

Bob and I celebrated another BIG thing yesterday when we officially closed on our Arizona Home.  After 4 years of renting, we are so happy to be homeowners again!  God is good.


Our home is perfect for us and it is well below our means.  We have so much love to give the home and we cannot wait to make it ours.  We love our new neighborhood, the schools are wonderful and the area perfect.  Plus, we are super close to the highway that will take us up to the AZ mountains and to Memaw and Papa once they move.  It's good, but we are most definitely moving. Our house here has been re-leased and our move out date made firm.  This is happening.

This new chapter in our lives is starting and I am excited for the things to come.  The Lord has been gracious to us and provided an incredible working environment for Bob and our family, a new home and a new adventure.  Now to enjoy every moment of this busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment