Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Evie is 21!

Months that is......I'm not that old yet!  The other day I met woman who asked me how old my kids were and without much thought I replied, "Oh they are 4 and 2." 2!  I walked away with this awareness that my baby is going to be 2 years old in a matter of 3 short months.  Holy Bananas!


Evie is full into toddlerhood and I love it.  She is so fun and spunky with a big dose of attitude and adorableness mixed in.  She's so fun.  Her vocabulary has exploded this month and she has entered the world of communicating in sentences.  The other day Bob made breakfast and Lily was playing downstairs.  Evie went to the top of the stairs and called down "Lily, eat eggs!!!"  Most of her communicating is still in 1 word statements, but she is clear as a bell to us and such a little smarty pants.  Her comprehension of what is going on around her has really excelled too.  Its so fun to watch these littles start understanding human dynamics and emotion.  Whenever Lily is having a hard day and crying or angry, Evie will look at me, point at Lily and say "Poor Diddy!"  She has such an awareness and a tender heart.



One of Evie's favorite things to do during the week is take Lily to school.  She loves to go into her classroom and play for a few minutes.  She has made friends with the teachers and students.  Everyone knows her by her squeaky boots.  She always gives Lily a goodbye hug and says "Bye bye!"  with so much love and joy.  It really is cute.


Evie is still a fearless wonder and it got the best of her this month.  We have hammered into our girls that the stove is hot, hot, HOT.  Lily has never doubted our warning, but this month Evie really, really, REALLY needed to prove it to herself.  One morning after Bob cooked some eggs Evie put her little hand right on the fire hot burner.


Oh the screaming.  How yucky! Her little right hand had awful blisters on it and it has taken a while to heal.  What a hard lesson to learn.  I do have to say though, that now if she goes near the oven or the burner she backs away and tells us emphatically "HOT, HOT!"  So, lesson learned.


In case nearly frying her hand off wasn't enough, Evie is determined to break her neck on something.  I discovered her on top of one of our shelving units after she had figured out how to navigate herself on top via a living room chair.  She dropped a picture off the wall (yep, she was that high) and is convinced she still needs to be up there hanging off the rafters.  One day at church, she was about 40 feet from me when she decided to grab a stair railing bar and swing out over the OPEN CONCRETE stairway.  I about had a heart attack and she was just happy as could be.  She ran across the ice and fell on her head, she broke a glass dish and was eating it.  Good Lordy, if Evie makes it to teenage hood with no broken bones I will be astounded.  Please kid, get some self preservation instincts!



Bob and I are really having more and more fun with her right now and she is such a giggly and happy little girl.  She loves to help us do anything that she can help with and is only too happy to get "kickles" and snuggles.  Her "NO" is getting more and more refined with all of its usage, but her spirit is so open and full of love.  She is a special one.


I recently wrote a little bedtime song just for Evie and it really is cute how it has now become a family thing that we all sing with Evie before she goes to bed.  The tune is one of my own, but here is how it goes:

Thank you for my Mommy, Thank you for my Dad.
Thank you Lord for Lily, forgive me when I'm bad.
Teach me to obey and learn to do things right.
Keep me safe and help me have a really great good night.
Amen

Lily knows the words by heart, and Evie just inputs words every now and then, but it is so special and I honestly hope they remember this little original Mommy song for years to come.


Little Bee, Happy 21 months little lady.  You get to spend your first week this month with Memaw and Papa.  You are so lucky!  Try to stay out of trouble a little bit okay?  You are such a sweet little girl Evie and you love so big.  Jesus has made your heart so full of joy and you are just so much fun.  I love you and pray for you every day.  I can't wait to see what big things are in store for you.  You are such a little light Bee.  Shine Bright!

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment