Saturday, July 12, 2014

There's Nothing You Can Do About It

There is a saying out there that goes something like this: "I smile because you are my family.  I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!"

This picture right here is the epitome of that little saying and just an absolutely perfect example of what family is.  Fun, spontaneous moments like this one capture dynamics in a family so PERFECTLY.  My big brother, the trouble maker, surprising Dad, and me and mom being our perfectly posed selves.  It truly is a spot on picture.



I just adore my big brother and am so unbelievably blessed and grateful that the Lord brought him and his family into our lives.  It truly is a happy thing.  I had the awesome privilege of taking some of their family photos before Bob and my anniversary shoot and couldn't help but smile.  When Mike and little Mikey climbed up on a statue right in front of the Capital Building in Downtown Denver for a father/son picture I laughed.  Yup, this is my family (please no one take us to Capital jail).  



Family is such a special thing and I won't miss a moment to say how much I love mine.  I'm really glad we are stuck with each other and so happy that my girls have this legacy.   Its a fun group.





Sometimes family might be tough, and different personalities will clash, but hold onto those people with everything you've got.  You only have so much time to love them on this earth so find a way to keep close.  Forgive easily, love unconditionally and laugh often.  After all, you're family, and there is nothing you can do about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment