Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm Tired

Ha, so I just recently had a moment and looked at the last time I blogged.  It was nearly 2 weeks ago.  I found myself wondering what happened?  Has nothing of significance happened recently?  and then I realized, no, its not that our life has been too ho hum for comment, instead its been so busy with this new toddler in our mix, I am CONSTANTLY moving.  Every parent will concur that as your kids get older it doesn't get easier, it just gets different.  You trade one thing in for the next and that is so true of my life right now.


Evie Frances is MOBILE and walking.  She still favors crawling everywhere because it gets her into trouble faster, but she is walking when she wants and loving this freedom movement gives her.  I. AM. TIRED!  It is non stop at my house.  I mean.....non stop.  There are days where I just live for nap time and for running time.  Those are literally the only 2 times a day where Evie is successfully contained.  Key word....successfully.



We have gates up.....she pulls them down.  We have roadblocks for the stairs....she climbs over them.  We close the toilets....she opens them and "splashes."  We keep the shower curtains closed....she navigates through them and plays in the drains.   I give her toys....she screams for the remotes...or the phone.  She climbs EVERYTHING without an ounce of caution or concern.  



I fold her blankets and put them away.....she opens her drawer and removes ALL of them.  I give her a basket of board books......she crawls over them and heads to the real books (ripping paper is awesome!).  The recycling bin contains boxes and plastics....until Evie comes in and disperses them all over the kitchen.  She throws food....because thats fun.  She eats dirt and bugs......because that's fun too.  She finds markers Lily has left around and opens them......black makes awesome lipstick.   She loves her sister....and pulling her hair.  Oh and on the pulling front.....kitty tails are awesome!


Leave a door open.....she's gone.  Leave wipes open....she inspects each one. Take your eyes off of her for one minute and things like this happen.


I will say it again.... It's tiring over here at the Longmire house.


While Evie occupies every ounce of my energy, my little Lily is all about running, tickles, coloring, swimming and getting her nails painted.  She loves braids and dresses and water and dirt.  She is growing up so much, but still is that busy little girl exploring her world and discovering new trouble to get into.  She loves her Daddy.  I mean really loves him and this new reality that he gets to take work breaks for tickling is awesome.  She is rambunctious and opinionated with a will of iron and a spirit overflowing with energy.  She is a good kid....a REALLY good kid and I love her....every part.





I love this life of mine, but man does it keep me busy.  I'm tired!  When I crawl into bed every night thoroughly exhausted and drift off to sleep I always smile though.  Yep, I'm tired, but wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment