Wednesday, December 11, 2013

6 Months!

I just sit here in awe that I am already writing this post.  I simply am dumbfounded with how fast Evie's first year is literally racing past me.  Where does the time go?  It is so true that the days crawl by but the years fly.  In 6 more months my little baby will be 1.  Goodness.





The past month has been great and challenging.  Evie got her first two teeth this past month!  They are so cute and I just love them.  When she smiles and laughs I just love to see those two little bottom teeth buds poking through.  She got them relatively early all things considered and unfortunately the great teething journey has begun in earnest. Her sleep has gone terribly south and I tend to dread the night times these days.





Evie loves to talk and giggle, especially with her sister.  Lily is absolutely the most entertaining and funny person in the bunch.  I think it is a great source of pride for Lily because Evie just lights up whenever she comes into the room.  There will be days when Evie will cry the moment Lily leaves the room.  It makes my heart smile.  How precious to have the bonds of sisterhood already.  I cannot wait to see it transform!



Evie is taking her time on the moving front.  A month ago I was convinced that I would have a non stop roller on my hands by now, but such is not the case.  She has all the ability to roll both directions, but is just not in a hurry to do it consistently.  Its funny because she wants to move so badly.  She spends most of her days kicking, jumping and frantically moving her bottom half.  I keep telling her, "start rolling babe and you can get places!"

She just discovered her toes today!  I came into the living room to find her on her back in "happy baby" pose.  Its too bad that it is so cold that I can't leave her feet uncovered so that she can play with her toes.


One of the things that I just love about this little girl is her absolute confidence with anyone that will hold her.  She is so social and loves people.  Complete strangers have held her for me and she is content to smile at them (given she can see me!).  The other day we had a bunch of people over and I attempted to put her down to nap.  She was not happy about it, but the second everyone left she conked out completely.  Little social butterfly.  This past weekend Evie got to spend some quality playtime with her cousin Elly.  Such cuties.


We have just recently started rice cereal.  She loves it!



I put off starting her on it because I am just not ready to begin the "weaning" process.  Its such a bittersweet thing.  I want her to grow and learn to eat her fruits and veggies, but I have loved the nursing relationship that we have.  Since starting her on food, I have this new reality, that everyday I am closer to that last day of breastfeeding.  She is taking to food like a champ and I think I am going to have to really work hard to keep the breastfeeding up to the year mark.  Boo.....



Evie is a content little lady and willingly goes anywhere.  She still loves to sleep in the jogger and is only too happy to get bundled up in 4 layers when her crazy mother goes running in 15 degree weather.

 


Dear Little Evie Bee, this month has been kind of a hard month for me.  You have grown and changed so much and I see the tiny little baby you were slipping away.  Its a good thing, but you are just growing so fast. You are beautiful little girl and joyful.  I pray that life would never steal those things from you.  Every month has made me love you more little girl and I want you to know how important you are to me.  I wish I could squeeze you hard enough to show you how much I love you.  You are a light in my life.


I love you little one, Happy half year!

No comments:

Post a Comment