Monday, October 21, 2013

One Day

This past weekend was one of those special emotional times.  Chelsea and Michael came for a very brief visit on their way across the country to Phoenix.  Uncle Rob was there too and it was just wonderful to surround them with all of us Colorado family!



Michael is simply too precious for words.  My heart smiled so big when I saw him.  He looks a lot like his Daddy and I couldn't help but want to snuggle him up tight.


It was simply wonderful to see all of our kiddos together.  Its hard to have family all across the country and just awesome when we can find a brief time to get us together.  Thank Heavens for pictures.  At least we can keep us all together in one place long after we have all gone our separate directions.


I got to spend several moments talking to Chelsea, hearing her heart and listening to her pain.  I am amazed by her.  I loved hearing about her and Curtis, how they met, where they got married and everything else.  Their story is pretty cool.

The pain of loosing Curtis is real....still and in many ways it feels like it was yesterday.  Wrestling with the question "where do I go from here?" is truly an overwhelming conflict and one I wish I could answer for her.  I cannot relate to the pain Chelsea is feeling because no matter how much I sympathize, I cannot empathize.  To think I could would be arrogant, I have never lost so great.

Curtis' Urn. Bronze with a waterfall and eagle.  Breathtaking.
How do you make sense of such sorrow and loss?  Where is the justification for a little boy left without his Dad?  Or for a young wife left without her other half?  The answer is simple enough....there is none.  No justification or sense.  Its just part of his broken place we live our life in.  Praise the Lord the end is more glorious.  Thank the Lord sorrow and loss is not eternal.  Thank Heavens death has been defeated!

The darkness is always the darkest before the dawn and right now its awfully dark.  One day I know the pain will lessen,  I know the future will be bright again, and I know the clouds will lift and joy will come.  Perhaps not today, or tomorrow, or next week, but one day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment