Thursday, October 3, 2013

God's Business is Redemption

For those of you who have followed my blog for the past few years, you might remember when our dear friend Armondo died.  It was a hard time and watching my sweet friend Traci cope with the loss of a spouse was humbling and hard.  It was definitely a sad time, but when the Lord says that joy will come in the morning, it always does.  He brought an amazing man, Tyler, into Traci's life and they were married a couple of years ago.  The joy of watching the Lord redeem a sad situation is simply indescribable and now He continues to work by creating a new little life.


Traci and Tyler have a little baby girl on the way and I am once again amazed at God's goodness.

This past weekend, all of my best girlfriends were once again reunited around the baby shower for Traci.  It was an amazing time full of memories and hope for the future.  The shower was in Arizona which is where we all met and was such a fitting setting for the celebration.



Anna and I flew in on Friday night to surprise Traci (a gift from her hubby, THANKS TYLER!).  It was so wonderful to fly in with Anna even if Evie screamed for much of the flight.  Traci was surprised and we started our wonderful weekend together.



On Saturday we had all morning and most of the early afternoon to sit and chat together before the shower started.  It was wonderful.






Not only did I have my best girlfriends around, but someone was always available to hold the baby and we started with Caramel Martinis at 10AM.



Yes, there is no shame, it was 5 o'clock somewhere!  And they were delicious!  We took our time setting everything up and enjoyed every moment just reconnecting and laughing.  Oh it was wonderful.





The shower brought with it more friends and family including our dear friend Tara and her hubby Matt.  Once again all 4 of us were together again and it just makes me smile.  We have all been through a lot and remain dear sweet friends.





I heart these women, so very much.

It was simply a wonderful time of loving on Traci, Tyler and this new little one.  I wouldn't have missed it.






After the shower I found Traci sitting alone and couldn't help but take the moment to feel the little one.  I was blessed because for a good 20 minutes I got to hug and love on that little baby, God's perfect redemption.  I was amazed.  I was also ETERNALLY grateful that all of that kicking wasn't in my tummy!

Evie and I shared a wonderful Sunday morning at church and with these amazing women I call my sisters.  I thank the Lord every day that although our bodies are far apart, our spirits are close.




The weekend was short, yes, but so beautiful and special.  Just one hour in the presence of these women would have been worth the trip plus I got a mommy vacation from my toddler! I cannot wait to meet little girl Wincup and watch as the Lord continues to work wonders in Traci's life.




Lord you are good and Your mercies endure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment