Monday, September 10, 2012

Unmasked

This past weekend I got to take part of a wonderful day of retreat with the women of Red Rocks Church.  We have only been going to RRC for about 3 weeks, but I thought it a fitting time to get to know some women.  I am most assuredly a people person and need women in my life so I headed down to Golden, CO for a day of relaxation at the Table Mountain Inn.  The day was centered around the idea of being "unmasked."  The main project we did however, was all about creating a mask that reflects how the Lord sees us.  On the inside of the mask we had to take all of the negativity and labels we have given ourselves or others have given us and write them down.  On the outside we had to paint how the Lord sees us through Christ.  


Here is mine and I wanted to share what all of this is about.  My face is yellow because the Son is shining on me all of the time.   His great sacrifice on the cross to ransom me from the consuming darkness covers me so that I am seen blameless.  The green flower is my amateur artistic version of a lily.  A symbol of mother.  I shared with the women that I have always wanted to be a mother, but I have discovered great moments of discontent being a stay at home Mom.  Not because I don't love Lily, but because Satan is sly and uses the the tiniest things to grow seeds of discontent even in the middle of our greatest joy's.  I put the lily on the mask because when the Lord looks at me, I think He sees a Mom and a good one.  I painted it to remind me that being a Mom to Lily Grace is Divine.  Not just a gift, but a Divine appointment.  I want to wear this mask with pride and grace, contentment flowing from a heart at peace.




1 comment: