Monday, September 24, 2012

Therapy Sessions

One of my best girlfriends came for a visit this past weekend and when she left she gave me a card.  One the outside are two girls walking hand in hand down a road and the caption says "Thanks for being my friend.  You've saved me thousands in therapy bills," and the inside aptly says "No, I'm not paying you."

Friendship is one of those special things that we as humans get to experience.  Up next to family and your spouse, friendship can in many ways be the only thing providing sanity in a rather insane world.  It's special, it's cathartic, it's revitalizing and frankly it's theraputic.  My dear friend Tara came into town for a visit this past weekend.  Her sister Megan lives in Colorado Springs so we were all able to get together again.
 It has been well over a year and a half since I last saw Tara and, although phone conversations are wonderful, there is simply nothing like having her in my house on my couch.  Oh it was wonderful.  We spent the entire day on Saturday enjoying shopping.  Bob and I are going to Vegas with Tara and her husband next month so it was fitting that we got to do all of our Vegas shopping together.  There is simply nothing like girl time.  It was especially wonderful to leave Lily at home with her Daddy.  I love the dear, but having a "step out of the mother box" day was just what I needed.  Our conversations were deep, sweet, strengthening and healing.  Gosh it was good to see her.  We topped off the night with a dinner, cocktails and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory. Mojitos and friends........there is just no better therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment