Thursday, September 6, 2012

22 Special Months

Well, we are officially 2 months away from Lily Grace turning the big number 2.  Its hard to believe that she is fast approaching that place where we start to measure her growth in years instead of months. I have to say that I just LOVE this stage of her little life.  She is so busy, so active, so happy and just plain FUN.




 She goes everywhere with me and finds happiness wherever we are.  Last week I took her over to Hudson Gardens and snapped some photos.  I  am completely in love with photography and Lily makes a wonderful muse.  She is ambitious and cautious, carefully crawling up the sidewalk and onto rocks only to jump off.  I find incredible satisfaction in following her around snapping pictures here and there, forever freezing some of the best moments of her.







Her interest in all things girlie has increased 10 fold over the past month or so.  She is completely enamored with my shoes and will periodically go into my closet and select a pair to model.  She never picks the flat shoes though, no, always the high heels.  Bows are always requested too.  When she wakes up in the morning we get dressed all the while she is telling me, "do hair."  After which she always says, "bow!"  The bows usually don't last in her hair for more than an hour or so, but she always looks so stinkin' cute in them.   She is very into our deoderant which she lovingly refers to as "nuddle."  We are still confused about that correlation, but without doubt thats what she means when she says it.  She loves to watch me dry my hair and is always talking about her "brush, comb."


Her Daddy is one of her very most favorite people right now.  She loves him and talks about him all day.  Booble Bath time is especially special and every time she talks about her bathtime, her Daddy is always involved.  "Booble Bath, Daddy Come."  They read together, they fly (well Lily flies on Bob's feet), they tickle (me of course), they have tea parties, they play on the ipad and they snuggle.  She loves him, plain and simple.  Bob is a great Dad for Lily.  He just gets girls and is not afraid to get in the mix of emotional drama and simply loves to make his girlie laugh.  They are a pair to be sure.







At present these two special people rank nearly right up there with Daddy.  Mema and Papa.  They have hung the moon in more ways than one.   Lily is constantly asking me for Mema's House, telling me that "Papa, all done" (with firewood cutting), "Mema, wing" (she has a swing up there), and that she needs to "pack suitcase."  I get the feeling that the Flying E Ranch is akin to a fantasy land.  I love it and I love that we can just stop by for a visit when we want.  She is still in love with riding and all things horsey.  She loves her purple "honol," and is always quick to tell everyone about it.  










She is slowly warming up to all of the family that is now a part of her life.  She loves Uncle Chase and is smitten with Aunt Beth.  Aunt Heather is wonderful (she has lots of girlie toys), but Uncle Derek is still a bit scary.  Her cousins Kennleigh and Mckenna are the cat's meow to her.  She simply can't get enough of them and I look forward to watching them grow together.  Aunt Jayne looks just like Mema so Lily considers her a second Grandma. It's simply wonderful to watch all of the love surrounding her.







Lily is all about her boots these days and wants them on 24/7 with or without pants.  Let me tell you, it takes some style to pull of the diaper and boots look, but Miss Lily does it with ease.  She is busy, so when your pants are wet, you put your boots on and continue.  Who has time to get more pants on, there are things to be done and places explored!






Dearest Lily, you are such a joy to me.  There are times when I look at you and am completely humbled that you are flesh of my flesh, that the Lord saw fit to knit you in my womb, and that he considered us fit to parent you. The Lord is so gracious Lily and so perfect.  You're special baby girl,  and the sweetness and compassion that pours out of you is beautiful.  Remember, you are pretty, you are strong, you are smart, you are kind, you are important, Jesus Loves You, and I love you too.




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we wont be there to celebrate the big day. But enough sadness... She is simple beautiful and I can't believe she is almost TWO! Heaven help us where does the time go? Seems like yesterday you were calling us to come meet her for the first time. What sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yes, I remember that day, and I have a picture of new miss Lily in your arms. Time just goes by too fast. Praying that Thanksgiving becomes a reality I don't know if we Longmires can go much longer without seeing you Jessups! Much Love!

      Delete