Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1 Minute

My dearest daughter is a busy, busy little girl these days and some times it takes all of my mental capacities just to keep her occupied and out of trouble.  No kidding, her attention span at present hovers right around the 1 minute mark and when you consider that there are several 1 minutes in a day, boy, its a lot like work!  We have discovered this awesome in-mall park that is fenced in with only one door of escape.  The best part is that there are usually other kids there to play with and benches for the Mom's to take some respite.  Lovely.  Don't ask me why she finds it necessary to haul around her "juice milk,"  I couldn't even speculate.  Maybe she just always wants to be prepared for those thirst emergencies!





In the mornings we usually find a running spot and enjoy the great outdoors for a time.  The run is almost always followed by a much anticipated park visit which Lily looks forward to with glee.  The rest of the morning is me attempting to get stuff done around the house while trying to keep her occupied.  Take this moment for instance.  You can see the destruction in the background.  All of those toys were cool 3 minutes ago, now we have moved on to Mommy's running hat.  It kept her smiling for roughly enough time for me to take this picture.  On to the next.....



Lily had a real treat this past weekend, she got to stay all weekend at Mema and Papa's house.  I dropped her off on Friday and we picked her up on Sunday.  She did awesome, I was the wreck.  Who would have thought?  Before I left her on Friday, I stayed up in the mountains and caught a glimpse of what goes on when I am not around.  Let me tell you, it looks a lot like fun.








Lunch time was a real treat because it was spaghetti time!  What to do with a toddler who is learning to eat?  Strip her down and let her make a mess.  Glad she was on Mema's watch!






We have also discovered Play-do and puzzles!  Both have been equally fun and thankfully only one of them is messy.  Adding these adventures to the arsenal of activities has helped keep Lily busy while creating a whole new learning environment.  She is so very very smart and catches onto things sometimes too quickly. It is constant work just to stay ahead of the little one.  540 minutes done......




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you did a whole weekend! Go Lily! Go Mom! : ) I can't even do a two hour Bible study. Love the eating pics!

    ReplyDelete