Friday, January 28, 2011

What's the Plan Here??

Okay so I am FRUSTRATED! Now to start things off, everything that I have to say has been exacerbated by the fact that my daughter has completely digressed in her sleeping patterns. I am back to being up with her every 2-3 hours and between 2 AM and 4AM I am up every hour. What gives? I totally expected to have nights when she didn't sleep as well, but 4 nights in a row? And we are getting worse, not better. Yesterday I did my best to not let her sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time and still was up every hour from 2-4. The really hard part is that she is so darn cute and smiles at me every time I get in her room that it is difficult to be mad at her! Many mommies have told me how just when their little one figures something out ie. potty training, sleeping through the night, eating broccoli, there comes a point when magically they decide to digress. I remember thinking the first time Lily slept through the night "Ah, we are headed in the right direction, we may have a few bumps, but we are trending right. Lily isn't going to be one of those digressing babies".....LESSON LEARNED.....pride does go before a fall! Much to Bob's chagrin, our baby is NOT perfect.

Now to the real issue. Today at noon our beautiful home in Arizona is going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The worst part about it is that it didn't have to happen. Someone with the third party negotiation company dropped the ball and didn't get something done. After 4 months on the market with no activity, we finally got an offer for the short sale. Unfortunately the offer was super low. After discussing with the negotiator we discovered a month ago that the bank needed to net a certain amount in order to proceed with the short sale. So three weeks ago we were able to get the Buyer to come up the necessary amount to net the bank their requirement. We were told that a postponement of foreclosure had been requested and were anxiously waiting on the offer approval. Because we had an offer (actually we ended up with 3 offers- two were cash buyers! ARGH) that met the banks requirement, we were told that it should be a cut and dry deal. No foreclosure, Yeah! Then came the news that the negotiator submitted the original low ball offer instead of the increased price offer and of course, it was rejected. My awesome agent and I spent yesterday afternoon on the phone with them desperately trying to get someones help and were basically told "I'm sorry Mrs. Longmire, we understand that we made the mistake, but we cannot postpone the foreclosure without an approval letter and it is to late to get that." So we are just another victim of the housing crisis and the banks lack of communication.

It is so sad because we loved our home and would have stayed there for the next 10 years. We put so much effort into making it our home. I can remember painting every room (some of them twice) and planning how I was going to decorate. We bought our beautiful refrigerator, ceiling fans and custom bathroom mirrors. Our backyard was a true labor of love. We took it from dirt to a landscaped extended patio with a lovely built in fireplace. We dreamed of watching our citrus trees grow and adding a firepit one day. We found out we were pregnant in that house and I planned the beautiful baby room. Now it is going to be auctioned off.

We had great jobs, a beautiful home, close friends, wonderful family nearby and a baby on the way. Then everything changed and we had to move 2000 miles away, loose our house, leave our friends, have a major budget change and have a baby without family near. Yes, the move was good for Bob's career, but after NC taxes, and family healthcare, income has taken a dramatic nosedive. What did we come out here for? What's the plan?? My heart breaks every time that I think about Lily and that she is going to grow up far away from my parents and Bob's parents. This is just not what I wanted for my daughter. I know, I know, we are young and will have the ability to move back that direction sometime, but what if we don't? What if the plan is to move farther away? or to a bigger city?

Trusting God is so hard especially when you feel like every step is an unknown. I don't consider myself a control freak, but not knowing the plan is sometimes so frustrating!

1 comment:

  1. O girl, I know how you feel- yes the situation and circumstances are different, but that feeling of overwhelming not knowing the plan and how things are going to turn out is something I'm dealing with right now too. Please know you are in my prayers and you keep plugging away and seek to trust our Lord. *Hug.

    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jer. 29:11

    ReplyDelete