Monday, November 15, 2010

Meeting Everyone and Going Home!


After the long labor, Lily, Bob and I caught up on some much needed sleep. For me it was new to have my little one beside me instead of inside and I kept on waking up to every little squeak that I would hear. I thought I was a light sleeper before. Whoa Nelly! I am fairly certain I can hear her breathing even 10 feet away from me.

The next morning, Bob and I got a shower (and washed the "Delivery" smell off of us). It felt wonderful even if it was tricky managing the large bathtub with very few muscles that actually worked. Once we were done, the Grandmas came over to meet and spend time with the little one. It is fun to watch our mom's take on the new role of Grandma. Let me tell you, it is a good thing that you can't spoil a kiddo with too much love because if there was a guage I would say the room was bursting with it. Look how proud they are.





Later that afternoon, Bob's sister Darcie and her husband Brent came up from Charlotte to meet their new little niece. She loved them.



Thankfully Grandpa Eckel was able to make his flight and came over in the evening to see Lily.


She looks so tiny snuggled up against him. He told her all about what they were going to do when she grew up a bit like play Boogeyman (my favorite game as a kid. It involves getting chased and tickled and giggling like mad...good memories).


The next day was Sunday and the three of us were getting anxious to get home. Lily had to have her hearing tested and a heart ultrasound. After all of those checked out we got the okay to go home and so we did. Dad and Bob got her in her going home outfit complete with bow!


Right before we went home we discovered that one of our newly made friends had also had her baby. Talitha and I met at the hospital tour about a month ago. She was due 2 days after me and so we joked that we would be neighbors. Wouldn't you know it not only were we neighbors, but our baby girls share the same birthday. How special! Brooke and Lily together.


So cute and then Bob and I put her in her carseat and said goodbye to the hospital. There is nothing like going home!





Once we got home, I got a shower (AHHHHHH)


and then our new friends Grace and Sebron brought Rocky back. Rocky was full of energy, but he was so cute. He came right up to her and sniffed her head. He even licked her ear. He is going to be a great babysitter and he already loves her so much.


Lily got more loves throughout the night from Grace and Sebron (who are expecting their baby in April) to Grandpa. She is just so snuggly!




A couple of days later, Great Grandma got to meet her for the first time. What a special thing to be able to see my Grandma with her first great grandbaby. What a treasure and a legacy. Here are the 4 generations together. So special.


No comments:

Post a Comment