Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Anticipation


4 more days until the official due date! Mom is here, Grandma is here, Dad is on his way and Mom in Law is on her way! Everything is set for her birthday party. Unfortunately, the little diva has already taken to the "fashionably late" status and appears to have no intention of coming out on time. I just went to the doctor and have discovered that I am still only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She hasn't budged a bit in one week. The Doctor went ahead and stripped my membranes hoping that it might move things along, but nothing is happening yet. Bob keeps reassuring me that I won't be pregnant for Thanksgiving, but I am not so sure! Lily loves the home she has currently and is not making any attempt to come out and meet us. It really is is a compliment. For all the trouble we had conceiving this little one, it is nice to know that my oven cooks them long and thoroughly!

Anna gave me some sound advice and I am taking it to heart. Jumping Jacks! We will see if this exercise helps. I know it looks a bit like a pumpkin bouncing around, but provides for great entertainment!




I have put Mom and Grandma to work here in our little apartment. From sorting and washing baby clothes to cooking and cleaning, they have their hands full. Rocky wants to be a part of the group but is a bit overwhelmed with all of the people and baby stuff. He took up residence behind the bed this morning. Close enough to be a part of the group but far enough to have Boy Space.




At the moment Mom is working away at creating a mattress for the little cradle that will hold little miss once she arrives.....


....and of course Grandma is in the kitchen doing what she does best. I love having family in town! Poor Grandma is freezing in our apartment (Bob finally has someone to commiserate with) so I found her some extra blankets and this robe for the kitchen. Isn't she so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment