Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



Bob and I have much to be thankful for this year! Our precious baby daughter, a great job, new friends, new adventures and my birthday. 2010 has been a great year and the Lord has blessed us richly. I am amazed at how beautiful life is. One year ago I remember being thankful for trials. From Armando's death to the infertility we were dealing with, it was a rough year. Now, the obstacles that we faced have lead us to the greatest joy we have ever experienced. Lily!

This year we headed down to Charlotte to have Thanksgiving with Bob's sister Darcie and her husband Brent. It was Lily's first road trip and she did wonderfully well. We piled her and Rocky in our car and headed down there. We missed being close to all of our parents, but it was wonderful to have family semi close.





Darci and Brent made a wonderful turkey with all the fixin's and we topped it off with apple pie. YUM. I also got to have my first glass of wine in 10 months! It was soooooo good.



I had to be careful not to have too much so that Lily didn't get a milk hangover. Bob wanted to give Lily her first taste of ice cream and I could only imagine how that would come out. I told him that if he did, he was going to get the 3AM shift!



Lily did awesome away from home, but I felt so bad because she had the worst vomiting episode in the middle of the night. I had just laid her down when I heard this massive gurgle sound. She had projectile vomited all over her blankets, carseat (makeshift bed), and onesie. Poor Baby! She cried and cried.

Bob and I are anti Black Friday people and so on Friday morning we headed home for a weekend of relaxation and quiet.




We all snuggled in (kitties included) and enjoyed our free time. Bob gave me my first IPOD for my birthday this year. I know I am about 10 years behind. I love it! How did I not get one sooner??

No comments:

Post a Comment