Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend!


I love holiday weekends! There is just something about holidays that makes everyone happy and excited. I really was looking forward to the weekend because all of our baby furniture arrived! I knew that setting up the crib, dresser and rocker was going to be a bit of a challenge. When you open the box nothing is put together and the sheer amount of boards, tools and parts is wickedly overwhelming. Just like IKEA, you know where you see it in the store and it looks awesome and then you open the box and are like....how does all of this look like that. We tackled the Rocker first on Friday night because it was almost preassembled. It only took us 20 minutes to see the fruits of our labor.



On Saturday, Bob and I started at 8 in the morning with the crib.



I headed out for a cup of coffee and a smoothie and then helped put in the screws. It was a little stressful because the top curved part of the crib required wood glue and it kept on leaking out.



So for about an hour we went through two rolls of paper towels trying to keep the glue from wrecking our gorgeous new crib. Whew, we made it and here is the finished product! We love it!


Later that afternoon we started in on the dresser which was a super challenge. All of the thousands of parts came in one giant bag so the first thing I did was organize as Bob started on the assembly.



Doesn't Bob look so adorable tucked inside the dresser? He is all arms and legs and definitely does not tuck away neatly! That being said, neither do I right now! At 31 weeks, I am starting to hit the whale stage. Love it!! I spent most of my time assembling the drawers for the dresser and about two and a half hours later we finished!



Over the next couple of days we spent some of our time swimming at the aquatics center and walking around Lake Johnson. My water belt no longer fits around my expanding hips so it has now become an above the belly look!


Bob thinks it is pretty cute. After the exercise I always come home and sleep!


I am so tired lately. I guess that is normal, but holy cow. I sort of sleep for 9 hours at night, take a two hour nap in the day and then go back to bed at 9 at night. Yikes! What am I going to do when this little girl comes?

All in all we had an excellent holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good weekend. We missed you! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete