Monday, August 30, 2010

Date Night




Lily Grace has made it to the 30 week mark and she and I weigh in at 144 lbs. Yeah! Bob and I cannot believe how far we have come and that our precious daughter will be here soon. Lily kicks and moves frequently right now, but she is fast running out of space. I have started to notice that she gets little appendages stuck in my pelvis or up under my ribs. Usually this happens in the middle of the night when I am trying to sleep. Ha Ha Sleep, that is a funny one. I am now at the point where I am up every two hours like clockwork. I start out sleeping on my left side then two hours later go to the bathroom and sleep on my right side then two hours later go to the bathroom then sleep on my left side...All the while Bob sleeps blissfully like a rock. I can't be too jealous though because I get the benefit of having nap time during the day! So it all works out. I am now going to the doctor every two weeks. I love hearing her heartbeat and having the doctor say all is A-Okay! We have also found our pediatrician...I think. It is a really cute office and we got to meet with one of the doctors the other day. It is wonderful because the pediatrician and the OB are within 5 miles of our apartment. It is nice living in a city area!

I am loving this stay at home mom thing right now. I feel like I have so much time to be able to get things done. I have started meal planning and couponing! We will see how long it lasts, but I am working towards only going to the grocery store once a week and keeping it under $70. It has been a challenge for me and a way to keep grocery shopping fun.


Another nice benefit is that I get to blog more often and keep all of you updated on the Longmire life. Bob is gone so often now that I don't have very many pictures of him. He is working so hard and loving his job. He finds it very challenging and rewarding too. His Project Management Certification course is also taking up a lot of his time. He has had to revert back to flash cards in order to keep all of the information for the test straight. He keeps telling me how much he wished that he had a "magic head" (aka good memory) like me. Overall though he is doing well and enjoying himself. He is so awesome to take me out on a weekly date night. This past week he took me to play miniature golf. What fun! I blame my poor score on the belly, even though it was probably more about my bad golfing skills. Bob thought it was so funny watching me retrieve my ball from the hole too.



As I get bigger I can't just lean over, it has to be like a wide stance squatting maneuver just to keep my balance. He did a lot of giggling! Anyways we both came out with a hole in one and had a great date night!


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! Sad you are not in AZ to celebrate with all the King and I cast. God's richest blessings on you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete