Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome to North Carolina!



First of all, check out the size of that zucchini! I was up at my parent's house before going to North Carolina and my mom got this veggie from a friends home garden. I have never seen one so big. Look at it against the belly! WOW!

Well we are officially in North Carolina. It has been a busy couple of weeks as we have slowly gotten unpacked, de cluttered and situated in our new Cary apartment. The complex is beautiful and new which has been really nice. It is hard to get used to apartment living again. It is so noisy and we have a bright street light right outside of our window. The first night I went to bed at 11pm and was up at around 3:30am. I am sure that it was the excitement of the move and the anxiety of unpacking, but the light shining through the windows really messed with my head. Every time I woke up I kept thinking that it was morning because it was so bright. The next morning I headed to Target and bought curtains that block out the light. They worked wonderfully! Thankfully, Jill was here and she helped me unpack all of the boxes. Rocky and Bryce just hung out and looked cute while Maddie hid under the bed.



After about 4 days, we had managed to take care of most of the boxes. The apartment is so much smaller than our house though, especially because we have added baby stuff to the mix. We worked for several weeks to de clutter the house and still had too much stuff. We have officially managed to find a place for everything, but it has been a squeeze. After about 4 days I finally sat down with Maddie to relax. The next day I sat down again to take a look at some recipes for dinner and fell fast asleep. I held onto the book for the whole nap and woke up with a horrible wrist cramp.



Here are some photos of our apartment. The baby's room is the only room that is still in a state of chaos. While we are waiting for our crib, dresser and glider we have decided to just leave everything until we can set it all up officially.

This is the living room area. It is really nice with crown molding along the ceiling and two tone paint throughout.


Here is our dining room. This was the first room that I set up. Having just one room in the apartment that was all set up made me feel a whole lot more organized.


This will be Lily's bathroom. I wanted a nice neutral and calm environment for her so we decided on a natural theme.


I set up our bathroom like a spa setting with blues, sea greens and white. I am trying to make most of the rooms very chill so that we don't overstimulate our kiddo.


Here is our bedroom. I changed all of our bright colors and went for blues and browns. I had a great time with my first craft project too. For those of you who don't know, our lamp shades used to be bright red. So, I painted them and added some creativity. I think they turned out so cute. What do you think?




The kitchen is tight, but has 42" cabinets and black appliances which is very nice.


Lily is growing like crazy. I feel so big and have started to feel her move all of the time. Her movements are sometimes so big it is like she is doing gymnastics in there. Bob just loves to feel her move around. Whenever I lay down she gets really active. Guess it is preparing me for all of the sleeplessness. Anyways, once I lay down she starts kicking and Bob just loves to feel her move. He talks to her and she moves. It is so great!


With Rocky having to be confined to an apartment without a backyard we have had to commit to taking him for a walk everyday. We have this awesome Lake right around our apartment that has a paved 3 mile loop. Rocky loves it especially because he also gets to meet plenty of other dogs and the peeing bushes are endless. One thing that I was not prepared for is the presence of bugs and bugs. Spiders, ticks, roaches, and all manner of crawling things live in this humid environment. Icky! I just get tough, strap on my too little watering belt and we head on our walk.


Overall, North Carolina is beautiful and we are loving it. Bob is working long hours so I don't see him that often, but hopefully that will change once the baby arrives. We are missing our buddies, but are excited to be on our new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment