Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Mama Drama

Boy did we have an interesting Tuesday! Mom and Baby had their second visit to the doctor and it was supposed to be a routine visit. Bob even ended up not coming because he had a conference call. I told him it was no big deal and I didn't mind going by myself.

I headed to the doctors and got all checked out. Right before I was done the doctor asked if I wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat. I was thrilled! She whipped out her little doppler doohicky and started searching. She told me that sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to hear it. Well 2 minutes passed...then 3......then 4. The silence of my tummy was so unnerving. I kept praying "Lord, let her find it, let her find it." After 5 minutes she still hadn't found it. She told me since she couldn't find it I needed an emergency ultrasound to check on the "viability" of the pregnancy. Let me tell you, those are words I never want to hear again. So she stepped out of the room to get me scheduled and I called Bob. Bob was without a car so he called one of his good buddies Caleb (Thank you so much Caleb!!) for a ride to the imaging clinic. I got to the clinic ahead of him and was waiting patiently to be called back. Bob made it in the nick of time and we were called back. That 50 foot walk felt like a mile! We got in the little room and the technician put her wand on my tummy and within seconds the beautiful profile of our little one appeared on the screen with the little heart fluttering away. Both Bob and I let out a sigh of relief. I cried, after all hormones and stress do NOT mix well. We got to watch our little one and hear the heart beat. Perfectly healthy at 165 beats per minute. While she was measuring and pushing our little miracle started stretching and bouncing and moving. Oh it was the most beautiful thing ever. Bob and I left the room a million pounds lighter and so happy. What an amazing thing to see this precious little one. Two arms, two legs and soooooo cute!

The Lord has blessed us so richly and here are the first beautiful pictures of our little miracle!


This one is the baby waving as it hears the ultra sound.


This is my favorite one as the baby is laying on its side relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. So glad all is well. Pretty scarey way to get a peek at your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Siah looked like that! A beautiful little jellybean you have there! Can't wait to meet(her)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I hate hearing scary things like that. Glad everything worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete