Friday, April 2, 2010

9 Weeks and Counting!

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY to all! What a blessing to celebrate today as the day the Lord conquered death! His grace and power are indescribable!

We have made it to the 9 week mark and I officially have hit the throw up point! YEAH! Cross Jamba Juice off of the list!

Here I am, my first sideways pictures documenting our growing little one. I was so excited to take these pictures. I don't know if that is a baby bump or a "I just ate dinner bump." When Bob took the first picture he told me "Don't pooch it out just to look pregnant, we've got to be truthful." Well I readjusted and tried not to pooch anything. I even tried to suck in a bit and this is what we got. I think it is an itty bitty baby bump. What do you think? The second picture was just today. The shirt is a bit baggy, but under that bump my pants are definitely getting a bit snugger...


I kinda look a little scary here. Maybe too close up...I will remember that :)


I was hoping to be able to share with you our first ultrasound picture of our little one on this blog. Sadly, we discovered our silly insurance company will only pay for one ultrasound unless specifically needed by the doctor. Since the doctor thinks all is going well and no problems have been found, she wouldn't deem it "medically necessary" so we had to cancel. Needless to say I was a bit bummed. Seriously, since we started through all of the infertility regimen I have had 5 ultrasounds and the insurance has paid for every one. Bob has even had an ultrasound for Pete's sake! Now that we actually have a little one to see they won't pay up. Ahhh stupid healthcare! Can I get an amen?!!! I even had this great little blog comment about the ultrasound. You know, something to the affect of, "Look, it has my wavy black lines and Bob's lumpy bumps." Oh well. I just keep reminding myself that when we do get the ultrasound we will be able to see actual features and whether or not it is a boy or girl. Only 9 more weeks....

I finished Broker school! Praise the Lord! What a chore that was. Since I am pretty much nauseous all day it was so challenging to have to wake up every morning, go to work for 5 hours and then go to school for 8 more. Seriously, I am still not sure how I managed to push through. Now that the schooling part is over I now have to do my studying so that I can pass 3 exams each 150 questions. Remind me why I wanted to do this again? Now that baby Longmire is on the way, my priorities have changed. Who cares about lease options, zoning laws, RESPA and agency when I have baby clothes, furniture, dr.s appointments and diapers to think on. Seriously! My Uncle Rob bet me that I couldn't score higher than him on all of the exams. Normally my competitive self would jump all over that, but not this time. I just want to pass! (Yep you heard it! The valedictorian just wants to pass).

Bob is still heavy into school. I know it doesn't seem so from the looks of it but he studies non stop. I am so happy he fell asleep even if he does have his programming book in his lap.


I could not be prouder. He works so hard and is constantly doing homework and homework. He just completed his algebra midterm with a 97%! Right now, he is more committed than I am! All I want to do is lay horizontally and read a good book. He is running every other day, going to the gym, working and managing to fit in two college courses. Oh not to mention dishes, laundry and other wifely chores. I keep telling him that "Building a kid is hard work." I feel like I am constantly jet lagged. He smiles, kisses me and tells me how excited he is that I am nauseous and exhausted. He is going to be a great daddy.

This past Friday we had the wonderful privilege of seeing Armando and Ophelia Tijerina. We all miss Armando JR something fierce, but it is so wonderful to see his precious parents. They are such beautiful people and we pray our little one will know them well. Actually, Bob and I were giggling because our little one is going to have so many grandma's and grandpa's that the words are going to be relative terms for anyone older than Mom and Dad. We love it! Its the community that helps raise the kiddo, I firmly believe it. Ophelia was so cute, once she found out I was pregnant she just loved hugging the baby. I loved it to. Baby Longmire is going to be well loved by many. Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

  1. Yep, looks like a baby bump to me; and no far away pics--we want to see that baby growing. Besides you don't look scary at all, just beautiful. And my "grandma name" is Mooma for any small children willing to call me that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany... I don't know if you remember me, but I am a friend of Anna and Caleb's and I met you almost 3 years ago now when my husband and I were visiting them. I really enjoyed meeting you and so when I saw your blog on Anna's sidebar, I just had to pop over and read about what you guys are up to. I am just absolutely thrilled to see that you are expecting! What an answer to prayer. I will be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you, and that the nausea/vomiting will not last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing Broker School! I'm glad everything is going so well with the pregnancy. Tell Bob good luck for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What I want to know is why my parents didn't even tell me the good news! That is definitely a "baby bump"! LOVE it...pregnancy is so beautiful! I almost forgot to tell you how much I wish I was closer to rub your baby belly...that is one of my favorite things to do!!! :)

    ReplyDelete