Sunday, November 19, 2023

GGRX 2023- The Little Miss Trio

Well, its no secret, I have drank the Crossfit Koolaid.  From the strength I have gained to the community I have built, Crossfit has just been all the things.

Courtney, Jessica, and I got the band back together for another round of the Girls Gone RX Competition.  I have not really dabbled in a lot of Crossfit comps, but I ADORE this one.  There is something so awesome about being surrounded by strong women lifting each other up and lifting a lot of weight up.  








The comp consists of 4 partner workouts:





Its a lot and this year was a ton of synchro movements.  There was a lot of practice that had to go into these!



My family brought the puppy and Ellie.  She was the hit of the event until she absolutely exhausted herself and ended up in the team tent crashed out.




Big highlight for me this year was a PR for my 3 Rep Max Squat Clean.  2 months ago I sucessfully pulled #135 from the ground for 1 barely up there squat clean.  My goal was to 3 rep that bad boy come comp day....so I worked and got stronger, and you know what I did on comp day??


Freaking did the thing!  Man thats an awesome feeling!



Jess crushed her one rep max squat clean and Courtney nailed her 5 rep max front squat. Team Little Miss Trio was all about the weightlifting part.




The Chipper was an absolute doozy of a work out.  Not only was it a lot of reps, but all the things had to be synchronized.  Lordy.  All I am going to say is lots of no reps on the Wall balls made me want to punch Bryce Palmer (just kidding, I actually love the kid and he kept us honest).  

The last workout was a sprint style that just hurt.  Quick and so spicy.  




The day was a great success and being among these amazing women is a treat to be sure.  Looking forward to next year and all the strength yet to come.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment