Tuesday, June 6, 2023

YOGA Tattoo

I have waited many years since my last tattoo waiting for another big moment to get another.  For me, tattoos are an opportunity to mark a special time, moment, or experience in life.  I got one after my IRONMAN success, this one has been a long time in coming.  Yoga is a special part of my life and will always be so once I became a teacher I decided to mark the moment with a spinal tattoo.





I planned, thought, and designed this with the help of my artist, Diana.  She is amazing and part of my Crossfit gym.  After sitting for 2.5 hours my tattoo was finished. There is always a moment right after the tattoo when your pain sensors are tired and you have a little doubt of your choice.  Within 24 hours all of that was gone and y'all I LOVE my tattoo.


So the symbols........they were chosen very purposefully and intentionally. The cross is at the top.  My relationship with Christ informs my yoga practice and is the foundation upon which I establish my life and living. The second symbol down is the OM symbol which in the yoga tradition is the symbol of peace.

The third symbol down is a seated person representing breath.  The foundation of yoga is the ability to breathe and connect body and mind. The Lotus is the largest.  The lotus flower takes root at the bottom of a murky pond.  The roots plant in darkness and sprout through the muck and up towards the light.  Once the stalk reaches the sun, it blooms into a beautiful lotus.  So much symbolism there.  I put all of the chakra colors into the lotus and will most likely expound on it in the future.



The second to last symbol is the Hamsa which is representative of the "Third Eye."  This has different meanings based on your tradition, but it is the ability to see.  Intuition and discernment.




The last symbol represents the whole of the yogi's life. It also represents the whole of the Jesus followers life.  From chaos, to understanding, to union. 



This lifestyle of yoga has given me so very much and the delight I have sharing, teaching, and raising the next generation to find awareness, breath, and movement is not slight.

Looking forward to continuing on and finding new ways to grow and expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment