Friday, August 4, 2023

Junior High gets a Lily

Junior High y'all, Lily is in junior high.  I always knew that when it was time to move out of elementary school Lily would be 100% ready.  This could not have been more true.  Lily is an absolute power, a force, and she is so ready to move onwards, and upwards.




This year Lily has a full plate of classes including AVID, Honors English, and Honors Social Studies.  Already this kid is THRIVING.  Again, always knew she would, but Jr High has fueled her even more and she LOVES it.  

Lily made the decision to leave the sport of Synchro and trade it for theatre!  She is taking Musical Theatre with plans to audition for the Spring musical, Beauty and the Beast Jr.

I am not sad about this.  She is such a good swimmer and an amazing synchro swimmer, but towards the end of her season last year she was discouraged.  Not now.  This kid comes home happy and so driven and motivated.  I cannot wait to see what she does and now she takes yoga with me.  Again, Im not sad about it.  This young woman is amazing.  






Lily is also participating on the Student Worship team at our church and loves to be heavily involved in the Youth Group.  She has friends everywhere she goes and her heart for Jesus and others is very big.



 Lily Grace, where do I even start?  I am in awe of you and who you are.  While I like to think I am a part of it, I know that you simply are amazing.  Its been baked right into you from the start.  Continue to grow in confidence and strength staying rooted in Christ and in all the promises he has for you.  Grow, expand, hold firm, and know the value add you are.  As your wings begin to take you closer to the edge of the nest I want you to know that I am here holding you close.  Keep loving, keep standing up for the good, keep showing kindness.  Stay bold, stay brave, and most importantly stay unapologetically you.


Love you
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment