Friday, August 4, 2023

Fifth Grader takes Flight.

Evie starts her 5th grade year at Zaharis Elementary this year.  She is so exited and lets face it, I AM TOO!  She is so ready to get back into school and reconnect with her friends.




This year Evie has Mrs Chelsey Greiss as her teacher and she is WONDERFUL.  I am so thankful to have teachers and administrators (thank you Jen Kunz) who see Evie and take the time to pick just the right fit for her.  In the short time we have been back in school Evie has flourished.  Evie has begun to take full ownership of her homework and has fallen in love with reading.  Her favorite books so far are the Wings of Fire graphic novel series.  She devours them.  YAY!




We are so thankful for this little girl.  She had been such a catalyst for personal and relational growth in our family.  It hasn't always been easy, but without doubt it has been and will be worth it.  This year we are doing some family counseling and the change in all of us has encouraged and excited me.  


 Evie, Bee, I pray only good and amazing things for your 5th grade year.  Kiddo, you are a power house and so mighty. I am ever so grateful for you and for your tenacity and love.  You have taught me how to grow and have created space for me to learn to love you.  I am grateful.  You are so strong and capable.  There is literally nothing you cannot do.  Set your mind on growing in the love of Jesus, love of others, and love of self.  You are destined to shake up a great many worlds.  Go and do it kiddo. Be bold and be brave.


Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment