Thursday, July 13, 2023

Athlete of the Month

4 years ago I was nursing a foot injury I sustained from having a big ole ego in a crossfit class.  I'm gonna say it.....crossfit gets a really bad name, but really most injuries are either stupidity, ego, or just plain accidental.  Crossfit is amazing and I have bided my time waiting to feel ready to return.  This past year was that year and I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love the sport.


I joined Crossfit Raidho in June of 2022 and have not regretted it once.  The entire vibe of the place is amazing, so welcoming, and so empowering.  The strength that I have found in the past year has blown me away and I am excited to see where it will take me.


I have been working so hard in the gym and in May I was awarded the Athlete of the Month.  It seems silly, but at 40 years old it still feels really good to get a bit of a gold star.  



The friendships I have made and the experiences I have had this past year have been amazing and I would not trade my gym family for anything.


Grateful for all the strength and power I have gained this year, and here's to the next!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment