Monday, December 19, 2022

Longmire Family 2022

 Its that time of year...AGAIN!  That time of year that comes so swiftly and ushers out one season to make way for a new one.  I deeply love Christmas time and even though this year feels particularly busy and constant I am grateful and excited to say goodbye to 2022 and welcome in 2023.  There is so much to be hopeful about!

2022 has been filled with adventure and memory making. As our girls get older and more involved in all the things our time is even more full and constant.  It is most definitely the chauffeuring time of our lives.

Lily is 12 and practically a grown up.  This year we have seen her mature and come into her own by leaps and bounds.  She is a deeply sensitive and empathic soul who has become somewhat of a bosom friend.  


Lily joined the Arizona Desert Dolphins Competitive Synchro team this year and she is ALL IN.  With over 10 hours a week in the pool come rain or shine, she is learning the value of hardwork and the challenge of rising up.  She is on the 13 to 15 team and has been so committed to her sport.  We are proud of her and excited to watch her compete.  

She has an amazing group of friends both in church and at school and the general consensus is that "Lily is amazing." We know.  This last year she had her first experience in musical theatre and LOVED it.  She has already been cast in next Spring's musical (of which I am co- directing) and is going to be phenomenal.  She still plays the violin, loves to jump on the trampoline with her sister, is becoming the cool teenager, and wears all of my clothes.  We are the same height, and that is quickly going to change.  


She got braces this year and is quickly growing up.  The beauty of the Lord shines around her and her faith is strong and bold.  She is known as the "girl who always asks questions at church," and she is a joy to be around.  


Evie, the Bee, the one and only Evie Frances is growing up fire.  Pure, bold, passionate fire, and honestly we love it.  Evie loves in a way that is unmatched and we are so grateful that she is ours.

This year has been a big year of growing and she is finishing the year at a brand new school.  I am so grateful that we made the move because she ADORES her new school and is absolutely thriving, growing, and LOVING to learn.  Thank you Jesus!  Evie started dive this year and absolutely loves it.  Bob is particularly hoping that it will stick, and I am just thrilled that we are using her fearless-go-upside-down skills in other ways than gymnastics.  She is still an avid tumbler and if you want to find her, chances are high she is attempting wild moves on the trampoline.....most with huge success.  

She also chopped her hair off and shaved part of her head this year. I LOVE IT, and it fits her personality so perfectly. She has had a checkerboard, a spider web, and a snowflake shaved onto her head and it is so much fun to watch her wear it with confidence and beauty.  Just like her Momma. She is a special little girl, full of laughter and hope, and she also gives the best hugs.  Evie is a kid who I can confidently say was never meant to fit a mold...and how wonderful for the world that she doesn't. Her spirit, tenacity, power, and voice are super powers and I know that the power of the Lord rests within her.  He is not afraid...and neither is Evie Frances.

Bob's biggest item of note this year, and the one I know he would want me to mention first, is that he installed solar for us!  It has been a massive undertaking and one that he has had to gain and apply a significant amount of knowledge.  He has done it and we are now a family with a semi electric mini van and solar panels to fill it.  His dream of lowering our energy cost and putting the sun to work is well on its way to reality and I am so proud of him.  Its been a fun challenge for him to be sure.  


He is still wildly successful at PSPC and works from home.  His travel has slowly ramped up again following COVID which is a nice break from our small office space.  He still teaches 3rd grade Sunday School at our church and is so committed to pouring Jesus into the kids.  They all love him, but lets face it, what's not to love.  This year he tackled a couple of running goals and is slowly gearing himself up to potentially do a 100 mile race for his 40th birthday next year.  He golfs any chance he gets and seems to always find a project to work on.  


I am finishing out a wildly busy and successful year of photography.  Its such a joy for me to take pictures.  Its a gift and I deeply treasure everyone who hires me.  

I continue to work for PSPC in my "spare time" and find great joy in working next to my husband on the daily.  Its a great work environment.  This year I hung up my running shoes and found my way back to a Crossfit Gym.  I have absolutely LOVED getting strong again and Crossfit Raidho has been a fantastic home.  Sky is the limit for me and I am EXCITED to see what kind of strength 2023 will bring me.  I'm hoping some new muscles too!  

I am still an avid yogi and am utterly thrilled to be a student next spring in the 200 hour YTT (yoga teacher training) semester at Exhale.  Its time and I am ready to grow in my yoga practice.  I turned 40 this year to an incredible surprise party thrown by my loving husband and several of my dearest friends.  I am at peace with my body and life and age is truly a beautiful thing.  My 40s are setting up to be some of my best.  

We had so many wonderful adventures this year starting with our purchase of a brand new mini van.  Man we love that thing, and the space we have has opened up our family to the world of road tripping.  This past summer we spent 12 days on the road seeing all sorts of National Parks.  Our favorite by general consensus was ZION National Park and the Narrows hike through the river although Bryce Canyon really tied for first.  We also loved Arches and Mesa Verde.  We stopped in Ouray, CO for an adventure and made the best memories.  This fall we went to New Mexico and saw Carlsbad Caverns and its bats (amazing), the Guadaloupe Mountains, and of course the White Sands National Park where all of these lovely photos were taken.  Our earth is spectacular and we are so excited to continue exploring it.

One of our highlights this summer was the chance to celebrate Grandpa Steve's retirement in Florida.  It is always such a joy to get all of our families together with cousins and Aunts and Uncles.  Time and life have us all far apart, but the time spent together is such a joy.

As we leave 2022 I want to remind you of a few things.  

Jesus loves you, so richly, so deeply, so completely.  He is always on your team and His joy over you is unmatched.

No matter what 2023 brings you know that you can do hard things.  You are light, and might, and the Divine rests in you.

Be bold, be brave, be unafraid, love hard, and wide, and big. Give freely, let go of more, and lean into discomfort.  Be a light in the darkness, a safe haven for others, and a beacon of hope for the world.

Shalom my friends, and may the joy of the coming King give you peace.

The Longmires.



No comments:

Post a Comment