Friday, August 5, 2022

From Kindergarten to 6th Grade!

First she went to Kindergarten.....

 

Then 1st grade......


Second grade was one of her absolute favorites......


Third grade came and she grew up over night......


She did 4th grade in a pandemic.....


Then went to 5th grade and found her place.....


Now, today, this little girl has begun her final year as an elementary student.  Time is a sneaky thief, and she is now full fledged young woman.  Bold, daring, and top dog at school.  Oh time where have you gone?





She starts this year my height and with all of the confidence I prayed for her to have.  She's got big goals this year the first being Student Body President and if last year is any indication, she will navigate that candidacy with ease.  


This year we are so blessed and fortunate to have Adrienne Gardner as her teacher.  Adrienne goes to our church and has gotten to know Lily not only through student council, but also through the church body.  She is an amazing woman and I am so excited to watch Lily grown and flourish under her.


Lily will be competing with the 13-15 year old synchronized swimming group in the Arizona Desert Dolphins.  We are excited to sit pool side and watch this mermaid do her magic.  She is incredible and so beautiful in the water.  Oh I am excited.




Lily Grace,  I always promised myself that I would forever be excited about you growing up, spreading your wings, and flying.  But I won't lie this year it all feels like its happening so fast.  Never the less I wouldn't want to ground you......not ever.  This year, do your thing, meet your goals, do the hard work, and get what you want.  Dream it, chase it, and then DO IT.  I'm here, in your corner, definitely going to be a little shorter by the end of this year, but still your mighty Mom.  I believe in you.  Shine that Jesus light, love others, be kind and compassionate, be humble, and be bold. Always on your team.

Love
Mom

Lily, you are amazing! I love watching you grow into a mature, problem-solving woman! Each day you learn to do more and more as you grow in love, kindness, and compassion. I'm so impressed watching you learn to do hard things! Being around you makes me want to be a better dad and you inspire me with your courage and intelligence. Keep being awesome, kid! 

Love Dad




No comments:

Post a Comment