Monday, March 28, 2022

Copper Corridor 33k

You know what you should do after you run 2 back to back half marathons?  You should sign up for a 30k trail race the very next weekend.  BRILLIANT!

Welcome to the Longmire game of crazy.....we are on about level 40.  

But hey, in the words of some very wise person, "you can sleep when you are dead!"

Yes, I may have signed us up for way to much in February, but you know what, I am going to be 40 this year and I am not done making wild decisions.  There is too much out there to see, experience, and know.  You have to say yes to a lot of things if you want the memory to go with it!



And this one was a memory.  I knew it would be a challenging run, but underestimated just HOW TIRED my body was after my enormous sub 2 feat.




For those still doing the math.....the distance is 20 miles.  And the course was really beautiful.....and super technical.  Located out in Superior the Copper Corridor is a really spectacular canyon right in Phoenix.  It was beautiful and a gorgeous run.




Bob and I hung together for the distance.  He was in much better condition than I was, but hung on to me just the same.  The course was very rocky and my feet and legs got tired very quickly.  








Even though we were slow, the views were simply amazing and it was so cool to discover this new canyon right in our back yard.


I was fried by the time we reached the last stretch of pavement to the finish line.  The last half mile was on the road, uphill and it was tough.  Again I had to extend myself grace, my body had been put through a lot.


We finished the monster and I felt equal proud and dazed.  Aravapai Running puts on spectacular events and the medal was so cool.  It was actually not a medal at all and instead wood!


 Absolutely beautiful way to finish a month of heavy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment