Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Scotland: Lets get down to Business

The morning of our flight to Scotland I was just giddy.  Our international flight didn't leave until 7:15 that night so I calmed myself down and settled in for the day of waiting and prepping.  Gosh I was so darn excited.



With our negative COVID test in hand, our passports, printed documents, and everything else Bob and I headed to the airport to start our amazing journey.  After reading several articles and the always awesome Rick Steve's travel guide Bob and I decided to pack light and mobile.  We each travelled for 2 weeks with one roller bag and one backpack.  SO GLAD I DID THIS.

Bob and I were so excited to fly Business. Not only because we were going to be able to sleep, but because we even got to hang out in the Club World lounge before lift off!


We enjoyed some drinks, chatted with some fellow travellers and got our adventure off to a fantastic start!

I felt like some kind of mini celebrity when we boarded our flight and I saw our individual pods.  UM YES PLEASE!  This is pure luxury and we couldn't wait to spend 10 hours snuggled up in our little spaces.








Of course I took the free champagne offered and the little comfort kit complete with eye cover, socks, toothbrush, lotion, chapstick, a pen, and a little essential oil roller.  Who wouldn't??


Bob and I were able to lay completely flat and sleep for a good 6 hours of the trip before being woken up with the promise of our first Scottish Breakfast!


We arrived in London fresh faced and so happy.  



We had a short layover in London and soon we were on our way to Edinburgh!

Shocker.....it was wet when we arrived and only a bit chilly.  The weather was so much fun and honestly so Scottish for our entire trip.  I knew travelling in October was going to mean rain, cold, and colors, but it also meant very few tourists.  We loved every second!


Our first place was right in the heart of Edinburgh below the castle.  We successfully navigated the tram from the airport to the City center and then took the 10 minute walk to our flat.  The sky was gorgeous that first night.




We arrived at our little flat with enough time to meet our amazing host, see a bit of the Grass Market, and settle in for some sleep before starting our itinerary!  It was a great travel day!

No comments:

Post a Comment