Sunday, March 28, 2021

Spring Break

So Spring Break....and March, came and went in a flurry of training, school, and Bob's crazy work.  How was Spring Break 4 weeks ago?  But I digress.....

This year Grandma Jill was here for our Spring Break and we got to take her up to the mountains to spend some time with Memaw and Papa.  I am so grateful for her because Bob was so busy with work that he couldn't sneak away to the mountains with us.  So Girls Trip it was!


We spent a lot of our time hiking which was so nice. Ellie particularly loved it because there were patches of cold snow everywhere.  This dog, she was like a kid in a candy shop.  She would play in the snow then quite literally lay down fully on her belly and drag herself through the snow.




I mean, she was in absolute heaven.  While Evie Bee was playing with her mountain friend Finley, the 4 of us went hiking and out looking for antler sheds (a dear hobby of Memaws).  Its quite literally like looking for treasure.  



The next day we packed up all 6 of us and 2 dogs to head out for breakfast at Persnikkitys and a hike to Woodland Lake.

I got the coolest Mom status because I let the girls have bacon and a cupcake for breakfast.  When asked why I would do that my response is....."They eat it all!"  So annoying to pay for a breakfast that they eat 2 bites of and then leave.  So I sugared them up real good.





Our hike around Woodland Lake was lovely and eventhough Memaw, Papa, Skittles, and Lily turned around early to go shopping, Gma, Evie, and I had a blast.  The weather was perfect and the time out in nature was amazing.


On our final day in the mountains we spent the day with Brenda and Brian again.  The girls have a blast out at their place and we had so much fun together.





Evie even got to drive the 4 wheeler. Memaw and I brought our guitars and we just had a great time together!

We arrived home to have Aunt Sue and Ledarian visit!  We had some wonderful time together, but our favorite was on Saturday when, after Bob and my 20 mile run, we met them for another 3 mile hike to the top of EJ PEAK.



I am deeply grateful for these women that pour love and joy into my girls while their parents are off doing big things.  The hike was a blast and we even got hailed on!




Spring Break was a fantastic time of family and memory making.

No comments:

Post a Comment