Monday, March 15, 2021

Colorado

Right now Colorado is buried under multiple feet of snow. Will not lie, I am SO glad I am not there, but a few weeks ago Colorado was the perfect place to recharge, visit with my friend Sarah, do some training and take some pictures.

Sarah is neck deep in clinicals, working full time, motherhood, and finishing her schooling to become a Certified Nurse Midwife.  This dream has been long standing for her and she is literally at the final LONG stretch of clinicals.  Its arduous and let me tell you, I have never been so inspired and awestruck by a human being's capability.  Guys, being in the healthcare industry is NO JOKE.  Being on baby's time even harder.  I mean if you want to see what a Wonder Woman looks like, Sarah Gallegos is a great place to start!


I trained hard up the Chatfield dam, grocery shopped, cooked, cleaned, and played with the boys.  I was deeply grateful for the chance to simply love on her a bit and be a present team mate.  There is no doubt in my mind that a year from now she will be living her best life as a full time midwife, but for right now its hard, and long, and exhausting.  Bust she's doing it, and its truly a sight to see.
 

My photography schedule was light and so I was able to take some down time to read my book, work, and just enjoy my time.  Looking forward to a couple more visits before I can watch her graduate and DO THE THING!

No comments:

Post a Comment