Saturday, October 24, 2020

Life is too short not to fly

Last Summer when Lily was on her solo trip to Florida she convinced Grandpa to take her parasailing.  Grandpa and Lily had so much fun that this time ALL of us got to go, And guys.......I was giddy!  I never knew how much I wanted to experience that adventure until we were on the boat learning how to fly safe.

Sunny Island Adventures was amazing and the 2 guys that took us out were perfect.  We had the boat and the experience all to ourselves and it was truly one of those lifetime bests. The 6 of us were divided into 2 groups and Lily, Grandpa, and I got to go first.





By the end of the rope you are literally hundreds of feet off the water held onto a rod thats attached to a parachute by carabiners.  I won't lie....I prayed hard over all of the attachments and really realized how much trust I was putting in people and equipment I had never met.  Bob and I decided not to be on the same team....just in case. (that was a fun conversation).  But in true Longmire fashion fear and what ifs have never stopped us so off we went!









The experience is one I will NEVER forget.  So beautiful to float through the air, see the turtles and ocean life, the island, and just fly. Sharing that experience with my daughter is just....there are no words.  Dam I have brave girls.







We successfully landed back on the boat and I sat down with a permanent smile on my face anxious to see Evie, Daddy, and Grandma take their turn.




Evie's smile should tell you everything you need to know.  She and Daddy and Grandma had a magical time flying too.




Now, Now, Lily, your sister isn't that bad is she??









Everyone had a most magical time flying over the ocean.


Evie gave it all the thumbs!


Life is too short not to fly when you are given the wings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment