Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Travel in the time of COVID

Travel these days is definitely an experience.  I honestly have to say that I thoroughly enjoy it still even though it has its added logistics.  The airports are much quieter, the halls less crowded.  There is room on the plane and things don't feel so tight.  Yes you have to wear a mask, and there are many disgruntled people about that, but overall the experience is nice.


My dear friend Sarah is serving as a travel nurse to provide COVID relief for the Los Angeles VA Hospital.  As she had left all that she knows to go and lend a hand I have been anxious to find a time to go and visit.  I hopped on an airplane the day we got back from the beach and headed out to Beverly Hills for some best friend time on her days off.


Her hotel was literally right by Rodeo Drive.......I had never been there.  It was truly strange to see it now, quiet, un-exciting, and not at all like what you see in the movies.  Life is different, but like this sculpture outside Louis Vitton declared.  Life is still beautiful.


There truly is not much you can do in the City that is open so she and I spent many hours walking, running, and studying/working.  I won't lie, it was nice to just be together, taking breaks for walks and just enjoying each other's company.  I am very grateful.





Sarah had to work my last full day in LA so I decided to brave navigating myself to the infamous Santa Monica Pier.  Such an experience during COVID.  The pier itself only just opened up to people and it is very guarded, with strict pedestrian traffic rules.....and you must have a mask.  It was pretty cool to see though because it wasn't swarmed with people.  Life looks different these days.




Once I got down to the beach, walked a bit, and successfully navigated back home, I sat myself down and tuned into my Yoga studio.  I am so grateful to be able to stay connected to "my people" even through all of this.  


Travelling right now looks different and weird, but there is still so much beauty to see and experience.  


And within 3 days I did handstands and dipped my toes in both the Atlantic and the Pacific.  Adventuring is so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment