Saturday, May 16, 2020

Lake Watson

Lets face it, during quarantine we are all having to keep online shopping to a minimum. Bob and I have been SUPER intentional about not overspending online and actually working to save what we can.  That said, I broke down and bought an inflatable stand up paddle board and it makes me so happy.

With all of our local rivers and lakes having been closed a girlfriend and I took our kids up to Lake Watson just outside of Prescott for a day of paddle boarding.  It was so much fun and a great way to test out the SUP!



Lake Watson is an awesome lake because it is "No Wake" so all of the activity on the water is slow and safe.  We had such a great time out in the sunshine and the kids really loved stopping at all of the rock islands to jump off and swim.





I am determined to nail handstands on a paddle board one day, and so I work on headstands when I can.  I won't lie the inflatable SUP is much more unstable than a hard one and this exercise was challenging.  I am always up for a challenge though!



As you can deduce from the above picture, the water wasn't warm.  Evie Bee got herself so cold that it took me a good 30 minutes to unfreeze her.  




Its so much fun to have friends to adventure and do life with.  Lake Watson was a fantastic place and we all cannot wait to go back!!



No comments:

Post a Comment