Saturday, May 16, 2020

Conquer COVID-19 Virtual Run

There is always a silver lining.  COVID-19 has been an unprecedented experience and when  discovered all of these virtual runs with COVID related medals, I just knew immediately that running was how I was going to mark and remember the time. 

I spent a year not running.  I spent several months having to bow out of countless races because of injury or sickness.  I won't lie, it was rough.  There were so many days where, amidst my pain and tears that I would just dream, and hope, and pray that one day I would be able to go for a 13 mile run without fear. How I longed to have my endurance back and just be able to run whenever.  


Little did I know that it was going to be amidst a global pandemic that I once again found my forever legs and feet.  Little did I know that the Lord was going to RICHLY bless me with the ability to see my desert in all of its glory on my feet.  He surpassed my wildest expectations with healing and I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible it feels to be strong again.  To have a friend ask, "wanna go run trails?" and my answer, regardless of specific distance, is "YES I do!!!"

Its wonderful.


And I have now discovered the fun of virtual races too!  This year is going to look a lot different as all of the big races are being cancelled.  In light of this fact, there are so many ways to train for races, get awesome medals, and be able to follow these social distancing guidelines.  So instead of looking back over this time and thinking about all the races I couldn't do, I have decided to do one virtual half marathon every month through this COVID-19 crisis.  And guys, the virtual medals out there are AMAZING!




I signed up for this virtual run back in the beginning of April and immediately nailed the 13.1.  With the popularity of the medals though, I just received my medal for this one this week!   Totally worth it!



This awesome group of people came with me and we had one of those spectacular mornings running the Hawes trail system in all of its glory.  It even rained on us and if you haven't experienced the desert in the rain......oooooof.....its glorious.  Its cool, beautiful, and the colors pop under the clouds.  I honestly was bummed the running was done after 13 miles.




These people make me so happy.  I have missed them and missed the hours of sweating and running.  So grateful to be back and so excited to have this medal on my wall!



#COVIDCANTTAKEMYRUNNING.............here's to making memories and running half marathons in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment