Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dental Drama

So many times in our marriage Bob and I have made decisions based on whether we want current Bob and Bethany to handle them or future Bob and Bethany to handle them.  Its really a sound way of handling many of life's stuff. 

Well, the problem is that time has this funny way of moving from current to future and many of the things 10 years ago Bob and Bethany put off,  the now current Bob and Bethany have to handle it.  Damn..........future Bob and Bethany are here......

5 years ago after having Evie, I started to have problems with my teeth.  Long story short, I am a grinder, my teeth are moving, and I really need braces......AGAIN.  We consulted with an orthodontist who gave us a cool $4500 figure for the work.  Funny.  Brand new baby, one car, one income, rent a house family.  Nope.......that was going to have to be future Bob and Bethany's problem.

You might be wondering why it was even an issue. Well because I grind, I run the high risk of breaking teeth.....and if we start down that road......$4500 looks like pocket change.  Still we couldn't afford it so we put it in the future's hands.

Welcome to the future!


This summer it all came home to roost when, upon going to my yearly check up, realized that.  TADA.....I had cracked my first molar just as predicted. Thank the Lord it only required a crown and not a root canal, but $1500 later, it was time to fix the problem. So we added $3500 on to it for Invisalign, and gulp, time to pay the piper.

Add to this drama the realization that Lily is now ready to start the orthodontia season of life and we started with some expanders!


I kid you not, in one week I went from, hey we are going to plan a big trip overseas to.....no I am going to give $7000 to my dentist.  I mean everytime I went in there was more money to be spent.  You are welcome future Longmires!

Ah adulting.......so fun.  And yet, I am grateful.  We can do this, we can make this happen, and we have the ability to make it feel like we are only loosing an arm, and not 2 arms, 1 leg, and a foot.  God is good and here's to the amazing smiles we are changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment