Thursday, August 22, 2019

Life's a Beach

This summer was such a whirlwind and I find myself in a place of not wanting to do anything.  Its lovely, and yet I still have this laundry list of things that I want done and one of them is this.  Its hard to find balance (which I think is an illusive ideology), and I simply refuse to feel guilty about my desire to do nothing......well that and my husband.......but more on that later.

I just can't let this Summer to by without memorializing Lily's final trip to the beach.  This girl.  She loves horses and mountains and she loves beach and sand and sun. Frankly, Lily Grace is an adventurer and is just up for anything.



Bob and I sent our girls in separate directions towards the end of the summer.  Evie spent a couple weeks with Memaw, and Lily headed out to Florida with Grandpa Bob.







Within short order of her arrival, they had experienced a fabulous resort on the Keys, and had the unique opportunity to see a Momma Manatee and her baby floating nearby.  A really cool sight for the 3 of them.

The big adventure that Grandpa Bob and Grandma Lynn had for Lily right off the bat was snorkeling.  The kid got a private snorkel tour out in the ocean.  She's fearless and they literally couldn't keep her out of the water.  Not only did she see loads of amazing fish, but she and Grandpa swam over sharks!  She loved it and was carrying on great conversations with her snorkel in her mouth.



Not one to miss out on every opportunity, Lily saw someone parasailing and decided that needed to be  her next trick.  Grandma held the camera and Grandpa and Lily went parasailing!



What an adventure!  

On their way back from the Keys they stopped at IFLY.  Indoor skydiving is something that Lily has waited and waited and asked for for a very long time and I have held out waiting for the perfect time.  This was really special and by golly, she was good at it!



I flew in a day later and got to spend a couple days on the beach with my firstborn.  I don't get to do this often enough because Evie is usually in tow, but spending time with Lily was a joy.  Shes a fun kid.


One of our favorite mornings was breakfast at "The Island Cow."  We were so fortunate to happen upon it when we did because the line for it is usually out the door.  It was such a fun and eclectic place full of plenty of pancakes, coffee, and funfetti cupcakes for appetizers (for breakfast.....not kidding).




In the time I was there we did more fun filled activities, paddleboards and jetskis and kite flying!





My and my girl had some fun. 




and even did some yoga.



Grandma Lynn and I even enjoyed an afternoon Margarita at one of the oceanside restaurants we stopped at. It was good, and refreshing, and such a joy.


There is no hiding it, jetskiing is seriously my favorite!  We were so fortunate because the day we jetskiied it rained buckets for nearly the entire day save our jet skiing hour!



Grandpa took Lily out first and then I got to  take her out.  The consensus?  Mom you go WAY too fast.  Man are my kids different.  With Evie I literally bruised my legs desperately holding her onto the seat while Daddy drove faster.....faster.......FASTER.  We were caught in windy surf and I was even timid and I still drove too fast.





No matter, we had a BLAST!  An absolute blast and I love that I got to spend some one on one time with this awesome kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment